Folder Location

May 7, 2005 3:54:01 PM

My Ms keyboard has a My Music Key which defaults to that folder in My
Documents - I have moved all my music to a folder on an external HDD due to
HD space needed. The Ms keyboard Config software will only allow me to
change the My Music Key to a file, program or web location! Can anyone
advise on how to change the My Music Folder location in XP?

More about : folder location

Anonymous
May 7, 2005 3:54:02 PM

The TweakUI Powertoy might help out.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

Once installed run the app and look under the "My computer -> Special
folders" section. You can change the location of a number of Special folders
My Music being one of them.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"jim.macintyre@ntlworld.remove.com" <jim.macintyre@ntlworld.com> wrote in
message news:t%1fe.24201$vU4.5625@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
> My Ms keyboard has a My Music Key which defaults to that folder in My
> Documents - I have moved all my music to a folder on an external HDD due
> to HD space needed. The Ms keyboard Config software will only allow me to
> change the My Music Key to a file, program or web location! Can anyone
> advise on how to change the My Music Folder location in XP?

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 9:07:22 PM

Many thanks, worked a tweak!

!