Folder Location

My Ms keyboard has a My Music Key which defaults to that folder in My
Documents - I have moved all my music to a folder on an external HDD due to
HD space needed. The Ms keyboard Config software will only allow me to
change the My Music Key to a file, program or web location! Can anyone
advise on how to change the My Music Folder location in XP?
2 answers Last reply
More about folder location

    The TweakUI Powertoy might help out.

    Once installed run the app and look under the "My computer -> Special
    folders" section. You can change the location of a number of Special folders
    My Music being one of them.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "jim.macintyre@ntlworld.remove.com" <jim.macintyre@ntlworld.com> wrote in
    message news:t%1fe.24201$vU4.5625@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
    > My Ms keyboard has a My Music Key which defaults to that folder in My
    > Documents - I have moved all my music to a folder on an external HDD due
    > to HD space needed. The Ms keyboard Config software will only allow me to
    > change the My Music Key to a file, program or web location! Can anyone
    > advise on how to change the My Music Folder location in XP?

    Many thanks, worked a tweak!

    > The TweakUI Powertoy might help out.
    >
    > Once installed run the app and look under the "My computer -> Special
    > folders" section. You can change the location of a number of Special
    > folders My Music being one of them.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    > www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    >

    > "jim.macintyre@ntlworld.remove.com" <jim.macintyre@ntlworld.com> wrote in
    > message news:t%1fe.24201$vU4.5625@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
    >> My Ms keyboard has a My Music Key which defaults to that folder in My
    >> Documents - I have moved all my music to a folder on an external HDD due
    >> to HD space needed. The Ms keyboard Config software will only allow me
    >> to change the My Music Key to a file, program or web location! Can
    >> anyone advise on how to change the My Music Folder location in XP?

Keyboards Music External Hard Drive Windows XP