Does a sound card work with USB headphone?

xringx

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
Or does the sound route through the motherboard for a usb connection since your not actually plugging into the card from jacks?

Reason is I have Platronics Gamecom pro 1 usb headphones (like them very much) using onboard sound (I put that very old sb live! card in to wifes computer) and would like to know if I can upgrade gaming sound with a sound card.

Thank you.

Or does the sound route through the motherboard for a usb connection since your not actually plugging into the card from jacks?

Reason is I have Platronics Gamecom pro 1 usb headphones (like them very much) using onboard sound (I put that very old sb live! card in to wifes computer) and would like to know if I can upgrade gaming sound with a sound card.

Thank you.

Are you asking if you can upgrade and still use the USB headphones, because of course you can upgrade the soundcard, but the USB headphones work independently of the actual soundcard.

Upgrading your soundcard for gaming and only using the soundcard would require some descent speakers or a set of headphones that could plug into the soundcards output.

What exactly are you asking here?

xringx

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
I believe you answered it.

The exact question is, does a sound card have any effect on a usb headset?

From your response, the answer seems to be no.