Sign in with
Your question

System restart and random power "outages"

Last response: in Windows Vista
June 15, 2007 6:19:32 AM

Hi,

My Vista, while otherwise has no problems, whenever i click restart or restarting after updates, instead of going to the BIOS screen again, the system--while not technically shut off-- is essentially turned off, and I have to press the restart button every time.
Now I used MEMtest for possible RAM problems and so on, and determined there was no problem or hardware incompatibility whatsoever.
However, my worries are, perhaps my power supply is too low? I have a 500w Silverstone PSU... but also..
I have the RTM version of Vista Ultimate (add to the fact there's no patch out yet). Perhaps it could also be a bug?
I just don't know what it could be.

Thanks.
June 19, 2007 3:33:14 AM

Googling this issue will reveal that its fairly common... Shutdown/Restart issues, in addition to numerous sleep & hibernate problems. Few threads/blogs related to nVidia drivers, while others to various other things. I have this issue with one vista machine too. No fix for you, other than to let you know you're not alone.
m
l
June 24, 2007 11:36:26 PM

Quote:
Hi,

My Vista, while otherwise has no problems, whenever i click restart or restarting after updates, instead of going to the BIOS screen again, the system--while not technically shut off-- is essentially turned off, and I have to press the restart button every time.
Now I used MEMtest for possible RAM problems and so on, and determined there was no problem or hardware incompatibility whatsoever.
However, my worries are, perhaps my power supply is too low? I have a 500w Silverstone PSU... but also..
I have the RTM version of Vista Ultimate (add to the fact there's no patch out yet). Perhaps it could also be a bug?
I just don't know what it could be.

Thanks.

hmm wtf this happens to me too =( someone please help us
m
l
!