Extend My Windows Desktop is greyed out

KSG

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Extend My Windows Desktop Onto This Monitor box is greyed out when I go into the SETTINGS of the DISPLAY PROPERTIES box. There is a tick there but I want to delete it but like I said it is greyed out and so I can't untick it. Any ideas what I can do? I'm using Windows Millenium, thanks.

Do you have a second monitor or television connected? If not, then you might have to connect one to get access to that tick box. If you still can't access it, then you might have to reinstall the video driver.

KSG

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Thanks for replying quickly Zoron. I have noticed that you try and help a lot of people on here so you seem to have a lot of experience. Going back to your reply. I don't have a second monitor or television connected. But now thinking about it I think that I tried once to connect a DVD player to my monitor because the player had a HDMI connection but that was a while ago. I can't remember what I did then. I can't remember ticking the box to Extend My Windows Desktop. What I will do is try what you have suggested and thanks again.