Motorola DCT6208 -- For cable only?

I see a few Motorola DCT6208 hi-def PRVs on eBay right now. Some say
they are for Comcast. If I wanted to just record stuff from my local
hi-def stations using a UHF antenna, would it work? Or does this box
work only with a particular cable system?

John
1 answer Last reply
More about motorola dct6208 cable only

    "John" <jsevinsk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I see a few Motorola DCT6208 hi-def PRVs on eBay right now. Some say
    > they are for Comcast. If I wanted to just record stuff from my local
    > hi-def stations using a UHF antenna, would it work? Or does this box
    > work only with a particular cable system?
    >
    > John

    The 6208 does not have a tuner for off-air channels. It will only work for
    cable channels, and will only work in cable systems that will authorize it.
    Most cable systems will not authorize boxes bought on eBay, so you should
    call your cable company and ask before you pay for one. Most of the boxes on
    eBay were stolen (or not returned, which is the same thing) from cable
    companies, so other companies won't authorize them. A few companies are now
    allowing customers to buy a box at, say, Best Buy, but very few of those
    boxes are likely to show up on eBay yet.

HDTV Motorola Cable Home Theatre