Desktop has turned 90 degrees. Help needed.

Basically my lovely younger sister has touched something on my computer, and
she can't remember what. Basically my screen seems to have swivelled 90
degrees clockwise, sos the desktop bar is on the side of the screen, and the
desktop picture is upside down - so i have to turn my head upside down in
order to view my screen normally. Does anybody know of a way to fix it so it
goes back to the normal way?
Help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Jade

"tough_guys_wear_pink"
<tough_guys_wear_pink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Basically my lovely younger sister has touched something on my computer, and
>she can't remember what. Basically my screen seems to have swivelled 90
>degrees clockwise, sos the desktop bar is on the side of the screen, and the
>desktop picture is upside down - so i have to turn my head upside down in
>order to view my screen normally. Does anybody know of a way to fix it so it
>goes back to the normal way?

Check the settings in the Control Panel > Display > Advanced. Your
video card may provide settings for to turn the picture on the monitor
here.

--
(tm)

Please visit the below HP support site:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c0005
8623&dlc=en&lang=en

Note: The steps are applicable for non-HP computers as well.

--
HTH
Venkatesh
wrote in message news:8B4BAE20-426C-4A51-BA85-ADA7288FA819@microsoft.com...
> Basically my lovely younger sister has touched something on my computer,
and
> she can't remember what. Basically my screen seems to have swivelled 90
> degrees clockwise, sos the desktop bar is on the side of the screen, and
the
> desktop picture is upside down - so i have to turn my head upside down in
> order to view my screen normally. Does anybody know of a way to fix it so
it
> goes back to the normal way?
> Help will be very much appreciated.
> Thanks
> Jade

If you have a NVidia card and have updated the drivers, it often puts an
icon in the tray, one feature of which if you use it can do this (I can't
think why anyone would). Its a simple job to reset it.

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "tough_guys_wear_pink"
> <tough_guys_wear_pink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Basically my lovely younger sister has touched something on my computer,
>>and
>>she can't remember what. Basically my screen seems to have swivelled 90
>>degrees clockwise, sos the desktop bar is on the side of the screen, and
>>the
>>desktop picture is upside down - so i have to turn my head upside down in
>>order to view my screen normally. Does anybody know of a way to fix it so
>>it
>>goes back to the normal way?
>
> Check the settings in the Control Panel > Display > Advanced. Your
> video card may provide settings for to turn the picture on the monitor
> here.
>
> --
> (tm)

Salut/Hi Tony Neville,

le/on Sun, 8 May 2005 21:49:20 +0100, tu disais/you said:-

>If you have a NVidia card and have updated the drivers, it often puts an
>icon in the tray, one feature of which if you use it can do this (I can't
>think why anyone would).

As long as you can (as I can on my monitor) rotate the monitor itself, you
can see an a4 page full size even in protrait orientation. Makes word
processing a lot easier. Unless of course you write your letters across the
page!

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare