Jun 6, 2009
Computer Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 930
MOBO: Asus p6t
Ram: 6 Gb ddr3
video card: ati radeon 5870
PSU: 860 watt
hard drive: 1 tb sata 500gb sata - raid0

Hey guys just wondering what are the most important drivers im suppose to install after a big reformat i've already installed my video card driver for my 5870 video card. i've installed speedfan to control the fan speeds. also the storage driver for my raid0 setup. What other drivers should i install or consider? Do i need every driver my motherboard support cd suggest? Such as these:
Intel chipset driver
realtek audio driver
realtek lan driver
jmicron controller driver
asus turbo v
epu-6 engine
asus ai suite
asus pc probe II

Which of these are the important ones and which of these i dont need that much and add any extra drivers you feel that i need.
thanks!
-Jack

skaz

Distinguished
I think you may be mixing up what is and is not a driver.

In regards to the list you provided I would install the latest version of each one listed as "driver". You can find the current drivers on your motherboard manufactures website listed under the model of your Motherboard.

To clarify, Download the most up to date drivers for the following items and install...

Chipset driver
GPU driver
audio driver
lan driver
jmicron driver
wireless card driver (if needed)

Windows 7 will attempt to find and install any drivers needed automatically most of the time. But I still prefer to find the drivers manually and download/install them myself.

itzzjack

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009

Do i really need the jmicron driver? whats it for ;O? Sorry for dumb question.

skaz

Distinguished

You can skip the jmicron driver if you don't plan on using the jmicron controller. You're hard drives in raid0 are probably connected to one of the ICH10R ports. I believe that is 1-6 SATA ports on your mobo. And it seems you already have raid0 set up and running. So you should be good without the jmicron driver unless you end up using SATA ports "SATA E_12"

itzzjack

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009

kthnx! i installed all drivers thanks.