Corsair PC2 6400: Dominator or XMS2

fyak1

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2006
Hi all,

Am waiting on an Asus P5N32 Sli Plus and C2D E6700 and need to get some memory.

Having attempted to learn the ins and outs of memory modules via the web I am none the wiser, my head is hurting, and I feel out of my depth, just like it did in mathematics lessons at school!

At present I am looking at two 2x1gb Corsair options: TwinX XMS2 Dominator and the basic TwinX XMS2, both PC2-6400 4-4-4-12.

What I want to know is whether it's worth spending the extra £25 on the Dominator over the standard XMS2, taking into account that it is unlikely I will overclock.

Thanks

pchoi04

Good decision.

Second that... I believe there the same memory except the Dominator has better heat speaders.

I also use the XMS2 4 4 4 4 12 and there also great for overclocking. I'm pretty happy with the results.

joewho

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
Hi

You can purchase F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ. It is micron guaranteed.

Thank you

Denny

GSKILL USA REP