Leepan

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
hi, i got a problem with my pc, i can't excess as i'm the administrator of the computer. during starting and log in, is normal. when tried it will show " this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." i can't do anything even to excess the properties in right-click MY COMPUTER. for more info i'm using window xp pro v.5xxx . Another info is i'm computer dumb.

Please..... please...... anyone help me. :lol: [/b]

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Have you tried starting up in Safe Mode and logging on as Administrator? It's probably the same in XP Pro, in XP you can go into Windows Explorer, Folders and made all the files visible, just uncheck any that say Hide. I'd do thiis just in case you have to access a hidden system file.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
if you change your XP login from XP to classic view then the admin option appears at login and you can use that account but my question is how did this happen? its not normal for somebody's account to all of a sudden not be an admin account on its own.

Leepan

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Thanks mate, but it still the same. I can start and log in as administrator, after that it will ristricted me something like there is other ghost running as administrator. Is it possible the is some Hackers or trojan.

Leepan

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
if you change your XP login from XP to classic view then the admin option appears at login and you can use that account but my question is how did this happen? its not normal for somebody's account to all of a sudden not be an admin account on its own.

Yup.... your right, it start when i move to doha Qatar. I got virus and trojan. many antivirus i tried, still unable to boot my pc. until i use NOD32
then everething back to normal except unable to run my dvd drive and so...and so.

See, trying to solve the problem is dificult rather then buy a new pc. But it is better to keep trying rather then waste some more money. :wink:

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
well make sure you get it clean with nod32 and spysweeper.

your dvd drives and etc may not workd because your dirvers got corrupt, deleted or infected.

try and reinstall the drivers for your dvd player.

you never by a computer if your pc is not running right because of software, worst case senario you reinstall windows which cost nothing and takes about 20 minutes ;)

only time you want to buy a pc is when you want to upgrade lot of hardware, never because of software ;)

if you got everything clean and still you got problems with windows just do an xp repair some virus or trojans will infect or corrupt or delete some of your system files, a repair keeps all your files as they are but resets some of your windows files/keys ;)