3D intergration : A revolution in CPU design

G

I stumbled on this article while doing some reading, funny thing is it was linked by The Inq :oops: , but the article itself is really interesting.

It explore transistor performance versus interconnect performance. As the process shrink, the interconnect delays get bigger and bigger. A 3D design is proposed to alleviate the problem.

Altough the subject is rather advanced, I find it's nicely explained and easy to follow. There is some very intersting data on a "3D P4" that intel developped.

http://realworldtech.com/page.cfm?ArticleID=RWT050207213241

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
I have heard about this before but I had not seen the data on the 3D P4; really interesting piece of reading.

tekzor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I stumbled on this article while doing some reading, funny thing is it was linked by The Inq :oops: , but the article itself is really interesting.

It explore transistor performance versus interconnect performance. As the process shrink, the interconnect delays get bigger and bigger. A 3D design is proposed to alleviate the problem.

Altough the subject is rather advanced, I find it's nicely explained and easy to follow. There is some very intersting data on a "3D P4" that intel developped.

http://realworldtech.com/page.cfm?ArticleID=RWT050207213241

The Inq makes you blush?
Did I miss something?

G

Yeah, the little blushy emoticon was because I linked a Inq link. you know.

I was never a professional emoticon user, sorry for the inconvenience. =Þ

tekzor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Yeah, the little blushy emoticon was because I linked a Inq link. you know.

I was never a professional emoticon user, sorry for the inconvenience. =Þ

oh cmon, we all love the Inq. No need to blush.

G

Im blushing because they found the article before me lol.

Anyone else see it as kinda funny the author is anonymous. Kinda looks like that person is working for intel. Intel being so outspoken lately, they might be extending it too smaller yet interesting insight to keep people constantly hyped about intel's future...

Just a thought...