Auto-logon for primary user...

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while since I've done this (like maybe NT 4.0), but how can I
set up a primary user on an XP Professional to be automagically logged on
at computer startup.

I think I may have done a registry hack back then.

Thanks.

The Rocket Man

Go to Start -> Run.
Copy and paste the following into the Open box:

control userpasswords2

Click OK.
Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer".
In the box that pops up, replace Administrator in the "User Name"
box with your user account. Enter your password twice.
Note: You can leave the password box blank if your account does
not have a password.
Click OK twice and reboot to see if you get the desired results.

If you want to hack the registry, take a look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231

--
Nepatsfan