Accessing auto Hands Free from PocketPC Bluetooth

August 3, 2005 10:05:25 AM

I have a Dell Axim 30 (Windows Mobile 2003) with integrated Bluetooth.
My car (a Toyota Prius) has Handsfree Bluetooth support for a cell
phone. The PocketPC "finds" the car bluetooth device, but says that it
has no usable services.

What I would really like to do is play music stored on the PocketPC
through the car speakers. Is there any software around that can do
this?

K'vin
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 8:46:16 PM

Hi

To do this your pocket pc would need to have a bluetooth audio profile...

i dont think it is possible sorry...

--

Regards,
Allan Boegild Pedersen

"kwdavids" <kevin@davnet.org> skrev i en meddelelse
>I have a Dell Axim 30 (Windows Mobile 2003) with integrated Bluetooth.
> My car (a Toyota Prius) has Handsfree Bluetooth support for a cell
> phone. The PocketPC "finds" the car bluetooth device, but says that it
> has no usable services.
>
> What I would really like to do is play music stored on the PocketPC
> through the car speakers. Is there any software around that can do
> this?
>
> K'vin

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 10:17:18 AM

I went into HANDS FREE setup on the PPC, and "Add Phone" on the car.
The PPC prompted for the PassCode but afterward displayed the message:
"The requested service is not running on this device. Please make sure
the service is enabled on the device or select another one to
continue."

I know that there is a hack that runs under Linux that can access
bluetooth car phone services, and was looking for something for a way
to exploit this technology to play music. But if the audio is bad
anyway, I guess I'll just have to burn CDs.

Thanks,

K'vin
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 8:49:31 PM

I wasn't sure it would work. Could even be dependent on the particular car
set. I haven't heard anyone rave about the quality of music over a
handsfree/headset profile. Audio books are said to be acceptable.

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices

!