XP System

I recently had to buy a new motherboard for my compute and ran into 2 months
of trouble. Everytime I deleted the partition on th C: drive and reloaded
windows with and rebuilt the machine it would run for about three days and
then shortcut icons in the windows tray would disapear, programs would be
disfunctonal and my norton antivirus auto protect would not remain on. The
only way I could restore the Norton anti virus was to completely reload the
program again.

I used an old upgrade system disk of windoows XP I had bought for a previous
compute. I installed XP from that disk and downloaded Sp2. The computer has
run fine on this installation. I returned the system XP disk to the store
where I bought it.My only conclusion is that the version of Windows was
faulty or ther was something wrong with the disk. I had the system installed
on the computer before I upgraded the motherboard and I had a lot of trouble
with that computer.

Is it possible for a windows xp version to juist be plain bad.

Thanks

Luckeyo

luckeyo wrote:
> I recently had to buy a new motherboard for my compute and ran into 2 months
> of trouble. Everytime I deleted the partition on th C: drive and reloaded
> windows with and rebuilt the machine it would run for about three days and
> then shortcut icons in the windows tray would disapear, programs would be
> disfunctonal and my norton antivirus auto protect would not remain on. The
> only way I could restore the Norton anti virus was to completely reload the
> program again.
>
> I used an old upgrade system disk of windoows XP I had bought for a previous
> compute. I installed XP from that disk and downloaded Sp2. The computer has
> run fine on this installation. I returned the system XP disk to the store
> where I bought it.My only conclusion is that the version of Windows was
> faulty or ther was something wrong with the disk. I had the system installed
> on the computer before I upgraded the motherboard and I had a lot of trouble
> with that computer.
>
> Is it possible for a windows xp version to juist be plain bad.
>
> Thanks
>
> Luckeyo

Not very likely. Your description of your problems, while not being
very specific, makes it seem more than likely that one or more of your
computer's hardware components are either defective or incompatible with
WinXP. As you had problems before replacing the motherboard, i think we
can eliminate that from the possible candidates, for now. The next
likeliest components to be causing your problems are the RAM modules or
the hard drive.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: