ashfaqrasul

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2007
Just seen this (Looks like a cracking deal):
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-066-PC
(PowerColor ATI Radeon X1950 XT Extreme SILENT Heatpipe 256MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express))

However, this card isn't listed on the manufacturer's website and it's not for sale anywhere on the net apart from this one site.

It seems like a slightly overclocked version (Core clock from 625MHz to 650MHz) of the standard x1950XT 256MB card and with the Arctic Cooling system.

Any ideas?

ashfaqrasul

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2007
I don't know. The item description clearly states:

"The AC cooling system draws cool air from inside the case and exhausts warm air outwards"

Which would indicate that the cooler used is the AC (Arctic Cooling) one.

ashfaqrasul

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2007
Umm.. okay, the item title, description and pic all indicate that the item is in fact manufactured by Powercolor and has an Arctic Cooling system. I don't really get how you came to the conclusion that it's a reference board. :s

onestep

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2007
The card is real and here's a review of it:

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=2122&cid=3&pg=1

What's happened is that the box in the picture on OCUK is the correct 1 but the card in front is not the correct card (prob their 1950pro). Compare the box pic on OCUK to the 1 on hardwarezone & you'll see that they're identical. Use the hardwarezone review for a better look at the real card.

Looks pretty good 2 me although there are a few discrepencies, ie the review says no hdcp but OCUK says it has hdcp.

Maybe this card is a new revision of the 1950xt by powecolor as that review dates back to Nov 2006. Either way i'm ordering 1 tomorrow as i'm just in the middle of choosing components for a new PC & that price is about what 1950 pro's are going for.

Stuff waiting for a 2600xt... this card will likely give much better performance for some time 2 come.

Thanks for pointing this out!

ashfaqrasul

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2007
Oh OK. So basically, some (well most, really) of the information in the descriptions on the OCUK page is inaccurate, including the 650MHz core clock?

Why dont you just email overclockers and ask them if it is incorect they prob thank you for pointing it out, mistakes happen so no prob there.
If they say it is right and you order one that turns up wrong you can send it back under the distance selling act anyway.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
The card is real and here's a review of it:

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=2122&cid=3&pg=1

What's happened is that the box in the picture on OCUK is the correct 1 but the card in front is not the correct card (prob their 1950pro). Compare the box pic on OCUK to the 1 on hardwarezone & you'll see that they're identical. Use the hardwarezone review for a better look at the real card.

Looks pretty good 2 me although there are a few discrepencies, ie the review says no hdcp but OCUK says it has hdcp.

Maybe this card is a new revision of the 1950xt by powecolor as that review dates back to Nov 2006. Either way i'm ordering 1 tomorrow as i'm just in the middle of choosing components for a new PC & that price is about what 1950 pro's are going for.

Stuff waiting for a 2600xt... this card will likely give much better performance for some time 2 come.

Thanks for pointing this out!

You're not pointing it right. He doesn't want to know if the x1950xt exists, but the x1950xt EXTREME SILENT HEATPIPE

onestep

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2007
If you'd read the review you'd see that the review IS for the powercolor x1950xt 256mb (thus proving it exists, they just don't use the full name) and that the pics of the cards box are IDENTICAL to the pics on OCUK.

Next time look before typing douchebag.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
If you'd read the review you'd see that the review IS for the powercolor x1950xt 256mb (thus proving it exists, they just don't use the full name) and that the pics of the cards box are IDENTICAL to the pics on OCUK.

Next time look before typing douchebag.

If you stop sodomizing yourself with a baseball bat, you'd see he wants to know if the EXTREME Silent HeatPipe exists (this name is linked to a specific cooler and higher clocks). Not the regular one with the stock cooler.

Stop being retarded and go insult you mother and learn to read and understand before insulting others.

cronic

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2005
i have this gfx card that i bought off overclockers - that exact same one

it does have that cooler and i think its clocked at 650mhs (havent really looked)

ashfaqrasul

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2007

it does have that cooler and i think its clocked at 650mhs (havent really looked)

Ah, thanks man. That's brilliant, then. The box that the card came in, does it look exactly like the one in the picture at OCUK, and does the card have a model number or something?

cronic

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2005

Ah, thanks man. That's brilliant, then. The box that the card came in, does it look exactly like the one in the picture at OCUK, and does the card have a model number or something?

to be honest i havent looked at the box :lol:

just go with it if its a 1950xt you want then this card is probably the best buy
i ahvent had anyproblems with mine and its completely silent
i love it :lol:

mationman

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
If you want a bit cheaper you might wanna try ebuyer (i know it might not have the exact same one) I usually find them to be cheaper but not always

robmurphy

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
I purchased 3 * X2 4600 for S939 from overclockers. Every where else was out of stock, and charging much more. Overclockers delivered and I found them very easy to deal with.

Just my 2p worth.

Rob. Murphy