Driver to run USB jumpdrive through PS/2

lah

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Hello,
I have an old IBM laptop running Windows95 that has limited ports. It has a PS2 mouse port and I have a PS2/USB adapter. I was wondering if there is a driver that would allow me to use a USB Jumpdrive through this PSw2 port.

G

If there's something you really need of the hard drive, get an IDE to USB cable, remove the laptop hard drive and connect it to another computer.

lah

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
If there's something you really need of the hard drive, get an IDE to USB cable, remove the laptop hard drive and connect it to another computer.

I found this on EBay "3 in 1 USB 2.0 To SATA / IDE Cable Adapter + Power Cord". Would that work? The computer is an IBM ThinkPad 365XD. If yes, do you know where I could find how to remove the hard drive?

Thanks, Larry H

I wouldn't say that nothing would work USB-wise in Windows 95... but I do believe you're out of luck when it comes to any mass storage device. I don't think even USB floppy drives work in 95. There are a few USB devices that will work, but they were limited to mice, keyboards and perhaps older webcams / digital cameras.