CheckDisk runs frequently on bootup after change to NTFS

After changing the format of my drives to NTFS format, my computer
frequently runs CheckDisk when I reboot. Everything else seems to work
fine. The only hints I have as to the problem is that it always has en
error in files at $I30, and it seems that most of the files are related
to Internet History as they are usually html files. There was a recent
cookie file. I am running Spybot Search & Destroy and have immunized
my system. Could this be the problem. I have found no other causal
relationships.

--
harrismk
harrismk's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1033

    Hi,

    Frequently or every time?

    Try running chkntfs /d from a command prompt.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "harrismk" <harrismk.1oo9wb@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

    > After changing the format of my drives to NTFS format, my computer
    > frequently runs CheckDisk when I reboot. Everything else seems to work
    > fine. The only hints I have as to the problem is that it always has en
    > error in files at $I30, and it seems that most of the files are related
    > to Internet History as they are usually html files. There was a recent
    > cookie file. I am running Spybot Search & Destroy and have immunized
    > my system. Could this be the problem. I have found no other causal
    > relationships.
    >

    > --
    > harrismk
    > harrismk's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1033

    It happens frequently. I may reboot 2 or 3 times with no problem, then
    it does a checkdisk. I cannot nail it down to any specific program
    that I run.

    --
    harrismk
    harrismk's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1033

    Also, sometimes it will go through the checkdisk 2 or 4 times in a row.
    Today when trying to check some things, I ran chkdsk from cmd. It was
    ok the first time. I ran it again about 2 minutes later after
    rereading the post on a website, and there was an error in a cookie
    file. I had not changed anything or opened any other sites.

    --
    harrismk
    harrismk's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1033

    Hi,

    First try the command I already gave you: chkntfs /d

    If it doesn't help, open a command prompt and run: chkdsk C: /r, then follow
    the prompts to run it on a reboot. This is the most exhaustive check, so it
    may take some time.

    --

    "harrismk" <harrismk.1ooi8b@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

    > Also, sometimes it will go through the checkdisk 2 or 4 times in a row.
    > Today when trying to check some things, I ran chkdsk from cmd. It was
    > ok the first time. I ran it again about 2 minutes later after
    > rereading the post on a website, and there was an error in a cookie
    > file. I had not changed anything or opened any other sites.
    >

    > --
    > harrismk
    > harrismk's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1033

    Well, I did both of the commands. I thought it may have fixed the
    issue. However, within a day checkdisk now runs everytime I reboot. I
    don't know if it is a piece of software causing the problem or what.

    --
    harrismk
    harrismk's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1033

    Well, I did both of the commands. I thought it may have fixed the
    issue. However, within a day checkdisk now runs everytime I reboot. I
    don't know if it is a piece of software causing the problem or what.

    --
    harrismk
    harrismk's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1033

Chkdsk NTFS Windows XP