CheckDisk runs frequently on bootup after change to NTFS

After changing the format of my drives to NTFS format, my computer
frequently runs CheckDisk when I reboot. Everything else seems to work
fine. The only hints I have as to the problem is that it always has en
error in files at $I30, and it seems that most of the files are related
to Internet History as they are usually html files. There was a recent
cookie file. I am running Spybot Search & Destroy and have immunized
my system. Could this be the problem. I have found no other causal
relationships.

--
harrismk
harrismk's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1033

Hi,

Frequently or every time?

Try running chkntfs /d from a command prompt.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"harrismk" <harrismk.1oo9wb@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> After changing the format of my drives to NTFS format, my computer
> frequently runs CheckDisk when I reboot. Everything else seems to work
> fine. The only hints I have as to the problem is that it always has en
> error in files at $I30, and it seems that most of the files are related
> to Internet History as they are usually html files. There was a recent
> cookie file. I am running Spybot Search & Destroy and have immunized
> my system. Could this be the problem. I have found no other causal
> relationships.
>

> --
> harrismk
> harrismk's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1033

Also, sometimes it will go through the checkdisk 2 or 4 times in a row.
Today when trying to check some things, I ran chkdsk from cmd. It was
ok the first time. I ran it again about 2 minutes later after
rereading the post on a website, and there was an error in a cookie
file. I had not changed anything or opened any other sites.

--
harrismk
harrismk's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1033

Hi,

First try the command I already gave you: chkntfs /d

If it doesn't help, open a command prompt and run: chkdsk C: /r, then follow
the prompts to run it on a reboot. This is the most exhaustive check, so it
may take some time.

--

"harrismk" <harrismk.1ooi8b@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> Also, sometimes it will go through the checkdisk 2 or 4 times in a row.
> Today when trying to check some things, I ran chkdsk from cmd. It was
> ok the first time. I ran it again about 2 minutes later after
> rereading the post on a website, and there was an error in a cookie
> file. I had not changed anything or opened any other sites.
>

> --
> harrismk
> harrismk's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1033

Well, I did both of the commands. I thought it may have fixed the
issue. However, within a day checkdisk now runs everytime I reboot. I
don't know if it is a piece of software causing the problem or what.