So long and thanks for all the fish...

Well, it had to happen sooner or later. I'm bored. I've played CoH
for 10 months, which is longer than I've played any other game, but
I'm finally done. I decided to try WoW, and so far, it seems pretty
cool. Thanks for all the tips and advice, fellas (and gals)!

Zeligg

"Prayer has no place in the public schools,
just like facts have no place in organized religion."

- Superintendent Chalmers, The Simpsons

Nostromo wrote:

> Hey, I'm having a go at UO on uogamers (free shard), so at least I
can keep
> my CoH account, rather than having to face the conflict of interest
in
> paying for 2 mmogs :)

I find it impossible to spend more than small bursts of time on any
other game than CoH. How do you do it? I'm having more than fun than
I did with D2 in it's day, which is saying a lot... I might still be
playing D2 if I hadn't lost my second high level barb to an exploding
doll. ;)

In article <krt031147uddvp4n01td2j04cbg15k029p@4ax.com>, Zeligg
wrote:
> Well, it had to happen sooner or later. I'm bored. I've
> played CoH for 10 months, which is longer than I've played any
> other game, but I'm finally done. I decided to try WoW, and so
> far, it seems pretty cool. Thanks for all the tips and advice,
> fellas (and gals)!

We'll be waiting for your triumpherous return. ;)

--
Neil Cerutti

"Zeligg" <zeligg@nospeedspamfactoryatall.net> wrote in message
> Well, it had to happen sooner or later. I'm bored. I've played CoH
> for 10 months, which is longer than I've played any other game, but
> I'm finally done. I decided to try WoW, and so far, it seems pretty

Your nuts! with all the cool stuff right around the corner for this game and
WoW in a serious funk, couldnt pay me to go back to that garbage

i was very let down with WoW. and the lack of content updates

http://www.patchtimer.org/

go there

nostromo

Thus spake Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net>, 10 Mar 2005 17:13:21 GMT,
Anno Domini:

>In article <krt031147uddvp4n01td2j04cbg15k029p@4ax.com>, Zeligg
>wrote:
>> Well, it had to happen sooner or later. I'm bored. I've
>> played CoH for 10 months, which is longer than I've played any
>> other game, but I'm finally done. I decided to try WoW, and so
>> far, it seems pretty cool. Thanks for all the tips and advice,
>> fellas (and gals)!
>
>We'll be waiting for your triumpherous return. ;)

Hey, I'm having a go at UO on uogamers (free shard), so at least I can keep
my CoH account, rather than having to face the conflict of interest in
paying for 2 mmogs :)

--
No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?

Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>Thus spake Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net>, 10 Mar 2005 17:13:21 GMT,
>Anno Domini:
>
>>In article <krt031147uddvp4n01td2j04cbg15k029p@4ax.com>, Zeligg
>>wrote:
>>> Well, it had to happen sooner or later. I'm bored. I've
>>> played CoH for 10 months, which is longer than I've played any
>>> other game, but I'm finally done. I decided to try WoW, and so
>>> far, it seems pretty cool. Thanks for all the tips and advice,
>>> fellas (and gals)!
>>
>>We'll be waiting for your triumpherous return. ;)
>
>Hey, I'm having a go at UO on uogamers (free shard), so at least I can keep
>my CoH account, rather than having to face the conflict of interest in
>paying for 2 mmogs :)

I'd almost think about trying that out, but a brief look at the
website/forums seems to indicate it's a shard overrun with childish PKs.

Yuck.

Then again, i've done a timeout from CoH to replay NWN/SOU/HOTU (well
mostly SOU/HOTU.

Xocyll

nostromo

Thus spake "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com>, 10 Mar 2005 13:00:28 -0800,
Anno Domini:

>Nostromo wrote:
>>
>> Hey, I'm having a go at UO on uogamers (free shard), so at least I
>can keep
>> my CoH account, rather than having to face the conflict of interest
>in
>> paying for 2 mmogs :)
>
>I find it impossible to spend more than small bursts of time on any
>other game than CoH. How do you do it? I'm having more than fun than
>I did with D2 in it's day, which is saying a lot... I might still be
>playing D2 if I hadn't lost my second high level barb to an exploding
>doll. ;)

What can I say? I'm an online slut >;-)
It's not hard when one of the games is free. No pressure & all that. I've
pretty much relegated CoH to our weekly team game (we're around 22nd, it's
Sunday morning Melbourne, Australia time at 9am - interested? ;-). We lost a
few so there's room. World times are here: http://tinyurl.com/3ufwr
Anyone (other than shadows :p) welcome (if there's room in the 8-slot team
& some measure of commitment). We play 2-4 hrs, nothing overboard. Msg "Ruby
Rock" on Virtue if interested or post charname here.

--
No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?
I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

nostromo

Thus spake Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>, Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:42:05 -0500,
Anno Domini:

>Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> looked up from reading the entrails
>of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>
>>Thus spake Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net>, 10 Mar 2005 17:13:21 GMT,
>>Anno Domini:

>>>We'll be waiting for your triumpherous return. ;)
>>
>>Hey, I'm having a go at UO on uogamers (free shard), so at least I can keep
>>my CoH account, rather than having to face the conflict of interest in
>>paying for 2 mmogs :)
>
>I'd almost think about trying that out, but a brief look at the
>website/forums seems to indicate it's a shard overrun with childish PKs.
>
>Yuck.
>
>Then again, i've done a timeout from CoH to replay NWN/SOU/HOTU (well
>mostly SOU/HOTU.

Haven't been pked yet & they are the largest free shard around (several
hundred players on even in my timezone on weeknights). I've emailed you re
this anyway ;-)

--
No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?
I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:37:51 -0500, Zeligg
<zeligg@nospeedspamfactoryatall.net> wrote:

> Well, it had to happen sooner or later. I'm bored. I've played CoH
> for 10 months, which is longer than I've played any other game, but
> I'm finally done. I decided to try WoW, and so far, it seems pretty
> cool. Thanks for all the tips and advice, fellas (and gals)!

> <(((´> You're welcome )>{{(^> to all the fish! <`))<

Seriously, I'd give WoW an award for technical excellence, seeing how well
it runs even on modest machines. The quest system is good too, quests
everywhere. But I started to drift back to CoH after a week or two. I
guess for me there is no replacing the feeling of swooping down on a gang
of bullies, setting them on fire and then pounding them to the ground with
one's bare hands. ^_^ That, and I just got a new nvidia card...

good sign." -G