Windows me

By safe mode do you mean you see Safe Mode in all four corners of the screen or do you mean that your video doesn't look the way it should? The reason I ask is because people get that confused all the time. Provided it's not actually in Safe Mode, the thing to do is reinstall your video driver. If it is in Safe Mode, then some software or driver that you've installed recently is causing the computer to reboot.... check for an update for that software or driver.

Personally, I think ME is total crap. Another tech I talked to once dubbed it "Mistake Edition" and I've had no reason to disagree.

:lol: That's a bit harsh! There is nothing wrong with ME that a simple format and upgrade to XP won't fix. [:mousemonkey]

dvdbtm1012

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010

I'm totaly new to this site so excuse me if I don't follow protocol correctly or if this question has been answered already.
I recently aquired an old HP Pavilion with Windows ME. How do I upgrade to Windows XP?

dvdbtm1012

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
Already have a copy but a box comes up saying it's not compatible. do I need to download anything to make it compatible?