Recycle Bin Help please

I have moved a folder to the recycle bin but each time I try to empty it from
the bin I receive the following message
" Error Deleting File or Folder - cannot delete Thumbs :access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not
currently in use".
The file is definitely not in use and it can't be write -protected as it was
deleted from my desktop.
2 answers Last reply
More about recycle please

    It would be best to boot into Safe Mode, search for the file,
    then delete it.

    A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315222&Product=winxp

    How to Delete A File That Is Seemingly "Undeletable"
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/delete_undeletable_file.htm

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Marrion" wrote:

    | I have moved a folder to the recycle bin but each time I try to empty it from
    | the bin I receive the following message
    | " Error Deleting File or Folder - cannot delete Thumbs :access is denied.
    | Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not
    | currently in use".
    | The file is definitely not in use and it can't be write -protected as it was
    | deleted from my desktop.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0518-4, 05/06/2005
    Tested on: 5/7/2005 8:56:24 PM
  2. 1. Open Windows Explorer in Windows XP.
    2. On the Menu line Click "Tools", then click "Folder Options", then click "View". Clear the check box "Hide Protected Operating System files".
    3. In Windows Explorer expand drive "C"
    4. Rename Recycler to Recycler.bak.
    5. Delete Recycler.bak - a new folder named Recycler will be created.
    6. Do the above steps 4 & 5 on all other partitions.
    The Recycle Bin will now empty.

Microsoft Windows XP