Sign in with
Your question

Geniric usb hub drivers win98se

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 14, 2010 6:07:14 PM

I bought an old dell latitude lm laptop running win98se. This came with a generic lp008 usb hub, but there are no drivers for it.
Could anyone suggest the correct drivers to use so that the hub works, thanks in advance.
frankv
April 15, 2010 2:26:26 PM

Thanks for the fast reply.

I did goto usbman site and followed a link to 'tecnica -asstance uk..' for the suggested download. The problem was that my ZoneAlarm suite contained the down load and strongly advised that I allow deletion of the program. ZA stated that the download was a zombie program.

Not knowing what to do I deleted the download. Any advice you could give on this will be welcomed.

frankv-08
m
l
Related resources
April 15, 2010 4:15:41 PM

digitalprospecter said:
This site has offical and unoffical USB support packages for Win98. Check it out to see if you find something there to solve your hub issue:

http://www.usbman.com/win98seusbguide.htm

digitalprospector,

Thanks for the link. I just downloaded /installed the unoffical win98se servicepack. So far there's no difference with the usb issue but the desktop looks great.

Any thoughs on my last post, ZomeAlarm vs zombies?

frankv-08

m
l
April 15, 2010 6:39:28 PM

My wife installed a downloaded game after virus checking it almost a year ago, run it for a year, and just last month (after receiving new virus definitions) our antivirus identified a trojan infection that was in the program the whole time. Just goes to show that even legitimate sites may unknowingly pass along infections because they are undetectable at the time. Just watch your Zone Alarm for an unusual increase in outgoing traffic, as a Zombie is designed to let a hacker use your bandwidth for their own sending of spam etc. You should be safe with ZA on the job.

I have looked high and low on the net for references to your hub and have found nothing useful. I don't give up easy though. Right now I am trying to find a generic usb hub driver that we can try to see if it will run your hub. I will get back to you.

Cheers!
m
l
April 19, 2010 1:51:39 PM

digitalprospecter said:
My wife installed a downloaded game after virus checking it almost a year ago, run it for a year, and just last month (after receiving new virus definitions) our antivirus identified a trojan infection that was in the program the whole time. Just goes to show that even legitimate sites may unknowingly pass along infections because they are undetectable at the time. Just watch your Zone Alarm for an unusual increase in outgoing traffic, as a Zombie is designed to let a hacker use your bandwidth for their own sending of spam etc. You should be safe with ZA on the job.

I have looked high and low on the net for references to your hub and have found nothing useful. I don't give up easy though. Right now I am trying to find a generic usb hub driver that we can try to see if it will run your hub. I will get back to you.

Cheers!

hi digitalprospecter

i tried to reply your email three times and could not because i couldn't login. changed password three times but no change. just now in entered a fourth new password and allast it seams to work, hope you get this.

a family menber was going to ask a friend, a dell tec, for adivce but so far none coming. if i do get an answer from that ect i'll post it for any others that might need it.

thanks again for your time and efforts.. frankv-08
m
l
April 19, 2010 5:23:16 PM

Your welcome. Let me know how it turns out. This site has been acting up for me with logons as well.
m
l
!