My Motherboard can't detect SATA Components..WHY???!!

ROBO_DUDE

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2007
I have a MSI motherbooard, my problem is that mty board can't detect SATA components? i have check all the electrical, sata connection its good i try putting my SATA on y other pc it's work very fine...so please help me to fix my problem....

vwgtipowr

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2007
Check the BIOS, maybe the SATA needs to be enabled somewhere.

Maybe there is some online MSI help as well.
The board could be bad, but that is probably unlikely.

Which mobo do you have? I know with my ASUS there are different Sata connections for the RAID and just a stand alone sata. or at least the boot drives need to be in a certain interface. Read the manual and make sure it is in the sata 0 plug.

G

try and see if your sata is running in raid mode, i know that ive had some motherboards that wouldnt detect a single sata drive until i turned off raid.

G

Hello... I've got a problem with my ASUS mohterboard...it's version is ASUS K8M-VX... Whenever i plugged in my SATA DVD writer it works properly...but whenever i plugged in my SATA HDD it just won't detect the two...(DVD Writer and HDD)... Please help me... Best regards... :wahoo:

Slim Shady

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
I am trying to install a 250gb Hitachi SATA drive. After installing it, the BIOS can see that SATA drive but when I tried to load windows XP, the computer could not find it. I believe this to be a driver problem. My motherboard is an ASUS A8V Deluxe . The BIOS is 1017 (which is the newest available) 1018 is only a Beta.

First of all I created two diskettes, 378 ATA and 378 Raid. In the BIOS I had the 'Onboard SATA Bootrom - enabled', 'Onboard Promise Controller - enabled' and Operating mode set as Raid Mode'.

When I start the computer, I had it boot up from the CDRom. As soon as it starts to load Windows I pressed F6. In the next screen I installed both the 378 ATA and 378 Raid from those two diskettes. When I tried to load windowsXP it still can't see the drive.

I have downloaded the Hitachi Feature Tool and had the drive set up as SATA 1. There is a choice of either Enable or Disable 'Spread Spectrum Clocking'. As I do not know what it is I had it Disabled.
I have spend over 6 hours on installing the SATA drive with no success. I am now totally lost in knowing what to try next.

Since I tried to install the SATA drive a message keep coming up in the boot up process saying 'No drive attached to Fasttrak controller, The BIOS is not installed'. Is it possible to get rid of that message?