Im looking for a Virus Scan without all the background progs

tobwan54

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2007
I'm looking for a simple virus scan that does not have all of those little programs and safe guards that run in the background. I'm just looking for something I can run once a month or so to make sure I don't have a virus or spyware est. Can anyone recommend me something?

Thanks

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
np good luck ;)

make sure you make their settings like below ;)

nod settings
nodsettings.png

SS settings
71885484oq6.png

tobwan54

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2007
np good luck ;)

make sure you make their settings like below ;)

nod settings
nodsettings.png

SS settings
71885484oq6.png

Thanks a lot, I read setting up nod32 can be tricky. I'm DLing the nod32 demo now. I've used spysweeper before its a good prog. I've been using ad-aware and spybot s&d, but these two don't always pick up and fix everything.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
you are very correct both adaware and spobot don't do as good of a job as spysweeper does, I have been saying this for a long time.

as far as nod goes just pick one profile delete the rest and use the profile you picked as the default profile for all scans then set your profile as I have posted in the pic and you are good to go ;)

tobwan54

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2007
you are very correct both adaware and spobot don't do as good of a job as spysweeper does, I have been saying this for a long time.

as far as nod goes just pick one profile delete the rest and use the profile you picked as the default profile for all scans then set your profile as I have posted in the pic and you are good to go ;)

Yeah i think im all setup im using nod32 right now, it seems to be just what i was looking for. I like how you can turn off active scanning and auto updates and just do on demand scans and update as you wish. Hehe, I just hope I don't get a lot of popups and what not while I play games.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
I don't think you would, firewalls might give you popups for access but nod is only anti virus, unless of course you know something I don't ;)