Vista won't let me open an online .pdf???

Has anyone else run into this problem?

I try to open a data sheet for something in Exploder 7.0 and not only can't I see it, but it restarts IE telling me it was some data protection BS thing. It's not IE7 because I have no prob opening these pages in Win XP(dual boot comp) that also has IE7.

I've also got a problem where I've got 4 pages listed as home pages, and it takes forever to load. E6600, 2 gigs of memory and 3 raptors in RAID0....not exactly a slug of a computer. My connection speed is easily 6 mbs.....so it's not that. If Vista can't handle opening 4 pages at once, it shouldn't have it as an option!
6 answers Last reply
More about vista open online
  1. Please list ALL of your anti-spy, antiVirus, and anti-Active-X controls.
    Thanks

f61
  2. Quote:
    Please list ALL of your anti-spy, antiVirus, and anti-Active-X controls.
    Thanks

f61

8O Do I look that dumb? 8O
    would you like my bank card PIN as well? :lol:
  3. Take it you've got latest Adobe Reader software installed? Verisons prior to 8 have some compatibility issues.
  4. 7.0.5

The kicker is that reader opens fine by itself in Vista. It just won't open on a redirect from IE7....it's that it closes and restarts IE7 when it tilts, losing all of the webpages I had open at the time.

I think it farted when I tried to install Reader 8.0.

Thanks
  5. The problem is in the IE plugin... not Adobe Reader itself. Best thing to do is uninstall completely, then try installing 8.0 again.
  6. Or better still, Reader 8.1.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Vista