hey george,

RacerX

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

hey m8, did you read my last post concerning my version # ?
it just says, xquake 1.03.
i removed the mpath and winmem commands, still nothing.
is 1.01 newer than 1.03, and are they compatible with windows xp pro ?
also, ive been reading some post abought XQuake/Qpro+ and Dinger Quake,
glquake.
is there such a thing as cheat free quake ?
and what is the best quake version to play ?
im usually a q3 player, but have played q1 some and love it, i think i have
almost every q1 map made, ctf, team fortress, deathmatch, lot of ruin maps.
i really would appreciate you helping me set up my quake, and maybe i can
get you to school me at game play some, :p
can you tell me abought configs, and auotexec.cfg,s
should i leave my id1 cfg default and mod my auto cfg ?
man im hungry for quake knowledge.
thanks for all our help George.
ps, this is me >> OTHracer << im using my computer at work to post this
peace m8.
< 3

"racerX" <longhorntrans@ev1.net> wrote in message
> hey m8, did you read my last post concerning my version # ?
> it just says, xquake 1.03.
> i removed the mpath and winmem commands, still nothing.
> is 1.01 newer than 1.03, and are they compatible with windows xp pro ?
> also, ive been reading some post abought XQuake/Qpro+ and Dinger Quake,
> glquake.
> is there such a thing as cheat free quake ?
> and what is the best quake version to play ?
> im usually a q3 player, but have played q1 some and love it, i think i
have
> almost every q1 map made, ctf, team fortress, deathmatch, lot of ruin
maps.
> i really would appreciate you helping me set up my quake, and maybe i can
> get you to school me at game play some, :p
> can you tell me abought configs, and auotexec.cfg,s
> should i leave my id1 cfg default and mod my auto cfg ?
> man im hungry for quake knowledge.
> thanks for all our help George.
> ps, this is me >> OTHracer << im using my computer at work to post this
> peace m8.
> < 3

You might want to try downgrading to 1.01 or upgrading to 1.05. I don't
know squat about 1.03. They are available here:
http://www.gamekeep.net/downloads/

You can find more quake info here:
http://www.quaketerminus.com/
http://www.planetquake.com/quake1/