Sign in with
Your question

Orange deleting old freeserve email accounts

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 15, 2007 5:02:18 PM

Last week I attempted to open the inbox of my very old freeserve email address (now with Orange) and found nothing. Got a message saying cannot contact server. Tried various things eventually rang Orange. 1.5 hours later I finally got through and Orange confirmed that they are systematically deleted all non paying email accounts from freeserve/wanadoo days.ie payg etc
Following 269 daysafter an orange email about new contracts Orange delete everything ,your inbox, sent folder archive everything without warning.
I lost all my ebay transaction emails business emails, archived emails everything. so if you have one of these old freeserve, fslife, wanadoo email addresses I suggest you export your offline folders to your hard drive without delay.
August 1, 2009 5:19:09 PM

MIke JM
Orange appear to have deleted my freeserve email service. How many of us are there in this predicament and what can we do?
Related resources
August 2, 2009 10:54:02 AM

I'm not sure that there's much you can do, but the moral is clear. Never rely upon free services for something that is important to you. There is no obligation on the part of the provider to continue to provide the service or to protect any data that you may have entrusted to it.

At the very least ensure that you have backups of any important data.
September 3, 2009 12:39:21 PM

Can anyone help me. I look after a elderly lady who has had 8 strokes who is confined to a wheelchair
her main way of communicating to the outside world is through emails and internet as her speech has been effected by the strokes. Orange treated her really badly and I have made them apologise. It was a long story anyway they cut her account off immediately as she said I would like to cancel my account after the way I have been treated. She has now got BT broadband but I cannot get any of her orange files back so I cannot get any of her email addresses does anyone know is the way I can achieve this.

Regards

Suzie
Anonymous
January 18, 2010 9:13:42 AM

mike MJ said:
MIke JM
Orange appear to have deleted my freeserve email service. How many of us are there in this predicament and what can we do?

I am one; I have had my account for 10 years, which serves my IT business. I have not been informed of it going to happen either. It appears that if we do not pay we do not keep our address. I am sure there is a word for this in the dictornary! I have spent the weekend trying to sort this out, at this time of year ie the end of the tax year its all I needed. Time to change provider!
Anonymous
March 22, 2010 5:45:23 AM

On the fs mail I know it is a hasle but try switching email accounts e.g. Swapping to googlemail(!?) And that is better but if you do not have a mob, It would not work out that way so(,) Swap to one that does not need a phone number wich is Yahoo(!) or microsoft's windows live hotmail!
Anonymous
March 22, 2010 5:49:03 AM

sfwiesmann said:
Can anyone help me. I look after a elderly lady who has had 8 strokes who is confined to a wheelchair
her main way of communicating to the outside world is through emails and internet as her speech has been effected by the strokes. Orange treated her really badly and I have made them apologise. It was a long story anyway they cut her account off immediately as she said I would like to cancel my account after the way I have been treated. She has now got BT broadband but I cannot get any of her orange files back so I cannot get any of her email addresses does anyone know is the way I can achieve this.

Regards

Suzie

If you now just said you have BT broanband - That is not a problem because with that you can set up a example@btinternet.com address, 'But just for one!
!