What is worse windows 95 or 98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Win 95 had no native USB support and 98 was also more stable. Clearly, if you had to choose between the 2, 98 (actually 98se) would be the better choice.
To the OP, due to the fact some of the deleted posts in this thread that are not visible to you, (including one user being banned from THGF), were supplying you with inaccurate information, I'm closing this thread feel free to start another.

As Zoron has already told you about the USB issues, during their day they were great operating systems, but comparing those operating systems to today's operating system is just not a fair comparison, as hardware has changed so much from that time to this.

Additionally I'd say the limitations of the FAT format file system they ran on vs the NTFS file system, and the IRQ conflicts which had to be manipulated to get a stable running system which weren't a problem with newer operating systems.

The combination of negatives regarding USB, FAT file system, and IRQ, were enough to make them seem like the dark ages, but they did the job for their day and time.

I'm sorry your thread turned out the way it did I hope you got your answers! Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.