fuhQuake-gl

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

hey anyone use fuhQuake ?
ive in stalled it, it seams ok but i cant get the the cfg to stay, or the
screen size, i put >> noipx -nojoy -nocdaudio -heapsize 32000 -zone1024 <<
in the start line in the desktop short cut, also i dont know where to put it
so my game launches from the all seeing eye with these settings.
humm.
help please.
tks racerX

"OTHracerX" <OTHracer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hey anyone use fuhQuake ?
> ive in stalled it, it seams ok but i cant get the the cfg to stay, or the
> screen size, i put >> noipx -nojoy -nocdaudio -heapsize 32000 -zone1024 <<
> in the start line in the desktop short cut, also i dont know where to put
it
> so my game launches from the all seeing eye with these settings.
> humm.

In ASE, go to Options (F2 or on the "view" menu) select the "games" tab.
Select QuakeWorld, and there you can set the location for fuhquake.exe
followed by any launch command arguments (such as -width 800). On mine I
have the location ("C:\Program Files\quake\fuhquakegl.exe") in quotes, but
the arguments outside the quotes. You can also set a config file to use
here.

For launching fuhquake for single-player (without ASE), I use a program
called FQStart that seems to work pretty well.

It is disappointing that, despite all the advances and years of development,
they (all the "modern" Quake clients that I know of) still haven't enabled
dynamic in-game resolution switching in GL clients, or a single client that
can switch between software and GL, or a single application that can play
normal Quake demos (such as Quake done Quick, or old demos like Thresh vs
Entropy or PGL demos), as well as QW 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3 demos (though it is
extremely cool that FuhQuake does support playback of multi-view .mvd
demos).

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

I should also say that there are some good forums at
http://www.quakeworld.nu/ with lots of active participation. You will find
that QuakeWorld is alive and well outside of the U.S. They have a lot of
content on that site, including a fairly comprehensive and well-written
introductory guide with a lot of configuration information.

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

matthew, thanks m8, for the help.
im trying to set it up now.
peace