Quake 1 help! - grappling hook mod - anyone have it?

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

Hello All,

I'm looking for the old file
GRAPV111.ZIP (214kb?) 27.9.1997 QuakeC: MORNING STAR v1.11 weapon.

The really cool old grappling hook mod. Sadly it seems every site I
find that mentions it linked to Stomped (Man I miss that site) or
ftp.cdrom.com - both of which no long have the old Quake stuff they once
did. :(

If anyone has it - I would be grateful if you'd post it here, or (if
you're willing) email it to me - junkmail007(at)woh.rr.com

I've got a load of friends coming over for an 'old skool' gaming LAN
party and I'd really really love to have this mod.

Back in the day I had TONS of old Quake1 DM & SP maps and mods. Mind
you this was back in the day when 100 meg Zip Disks were first coming.
Sadly when I had harddrive problems (Damn you Seagate! Damn you to
hell! ;) I erased all my Q1 stuff to backup other things. Who knew that
years later I'd be kicking myself. Ah well - at least I found one of my
all time favorite old maps DM Ledges. I don't know why I like it so
much, I just found it addictively fun to play on. I'll also gladly
take pointers to still surviving map and mod sites if anyone has them.
(I've been searching planetquake's Q1 section, which is where I found
some of my maps - but many of their links are broken and the selection
on file planet is rather meager when it comes to mods and maps.)

Thanks in advance,

Myrmidon

"Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I'm looking for the old file
> GRAPV111.ZIP (214kb?) 27.9.1997 QuakeC: MORNING STAR v1.11 weapon.
>
> The really cool old grappling hook mod. Sadly it seems every site I
> find that mentions it linked to Stomped (Man I miss that site) or
> ftp.cdrom.com - both of which no long have the old Quake stuff they once
> did. :(
>
> If anyone has it - I would be grateful if you'd post it here, or (if
> you're willing) email it to me - junkmail007(at)woh.rr.com
>
> I've got a load of friends coming over for an 'old skool' gaming LAN
> party and I'd really really love to have this mod.
>
> Back in the day I had TONS of old Quake1 DM & SP maps and mods. Mind
> you this was back in the day when 100 meg Zip Disks were first coming.
> Sadly when I had harddrive problems (Damn you Seagate! Damn you to
> hell! ;) I erased all my Q1 stuff to backup other things. Who knew that
> years later I'd be kicking myself. Ah well - at least I found one of my
> all time favorite old maps DM Ledges. I don't know why I like it so
> much, I just found it addictively fun to play on. I'll also gladly
> take pointers to still surviving map and mod sites if anyone has them.
> (I've been searching planetquake's Q1 section, which is where I found
> some of my maps - but many of their links are broken and the selection
> on file planet is rather meager when it comes to mods and maps.)
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Myrmidon

You'll need a dedicated server for your lan, but I did find the server
version of the grapple here:
http://www.filelibrary.com/Contents/DOS/104/39.html

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

"Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I'm looking for the old file
> GRAPV111.ZIP (214kb?) 27.9.1997 QuakeC: MORNING STAR v1.11 weapon.
>
> The really cool old grappling hook mod. Sadly it seems every site I
> find that mentions it linked to Stomped (Man I miss that site) or
> ftp.cdrom.com - both of which no long have the old Quake stuff they once
> did. :(
>
> If anyone has it - I would be grateful if you'd post it here, or (if
> you're willing) email it to me - junkmail007(at)woh.rr.com
>
> I've got a load of friends coming over for an 'old skool' gaming LAN
> party and I'd really really love to have this mod.
>
> Back in the day I had TONS of old Quake1 DM & SP maps and mods. Mind
> you this was back in the day when 100 meg Zip Disks were first coming.
> Sadly when I had harddrive problems (Damn you Seagate! Damn you to
> hell! ;) I erased all my Q1 stuff to backup other things. Who knew that
> years later I'd be kicking myself. Ah well - at least I found one of my
> all time favorite old maps DM Ledges. I don't know why I like it so
> much, I just found it addictively fun to play on. I'll also gladly
> take pointers to still surviving map and mod sites if anyone has them.
> (I've been searching planetquake's Q1 section, which is where I found
> some of my maps - but many of their links are broken and the selection
> on file planet is rather meager when it comes to mods and maps.)
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Myrmidon

And with little more searching, a slightly modified(paralysis removed)
version of the 1.11: http://www.bit-net.com/~omegaone/archive.htm

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

In article <JwTFc.28257$WI2.22357@lakeread05>, rjdriver,
rjdrivers@cox.net Varfed out the following in Timo speak...

> "Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I'm looking for the old file
> > GRAPV111.ZIP (214kb?) 27.9.1997 QuakeC: MORNING STAR v1.11 weapon.
> >
> > The really cool old grappling hook mod. Sadly it seems every site I
> > find that mentions it linked to Stomped (Man I miss that site) or
> > ftp.cdrom.com - both of which no long have the old Quake stuff they once
> > did. :(
> >
> > If anyone has it - I would be grateful if you'd post it here, or (if
> > you're willing) email it to me - junkmail007(at)woh.rr.com
> >
> > I've got a load of friends coming over for an 'old skool' gaming LAN
> > party and I'd really really love to have this mod.
> >
> > Back in the day I had TONS of old Quake1 DM & SP maps and mods. Mind
> > you this was back in the day when 100 meg Zip Disks were first coming.
> > Sadly when I had harddrive problems (Damn you Seagate! Damn you to
> > hell! ;) I erased all my Q1 stuff to backup other things. Who knew that
> > years later I'd be kicking myself. Ah well - at least I found one of my
> > all time favorite old maps DM Ledges. I don't know why I like it so
> > much, I just found it addictively fun to play on. I'll also gladly
> > take pointers to still surviving map and mod sites if anyone has them.
> > (I've been searching planetquake's Q1 section, which is where I found
> > some of my maps - but many of their links are broken and the selection
> > on file planet is rather meager when it comes to mods and maps.)
> >

> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Myrmidon
> >

> And with little more searching, a slightly modified(paralysis removed)
> version of the 1.11: http://www.bit-net.com/~omegaone/archive.htm

Thank you very much! I haven't had any luck getting it to run
with Fuh-Quake so far, but I've got the time to fiddle with it and see
what I can do. Thanks again for helping the clue impaired get a clue.
:) It never occured to me to search for a modified version of the hook.

Later,

Myrmidon

> In article <JwTFc.28257$WI2.22357@lakeread05>, rjdriver,
> rjdrivers@cox.net Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
> >
> > "Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > I'm looking for the old file
> > > GRAPV111.ZIP (214kb?) 27.9.1997 QuakeC: MORNING STAR v1.11 weapon.
> > >
> > > The really cool old grappling hook mod. Sadly it seems every site I
> > > find that mentions it linked to Stomped (Man I miss that site) or
> > > ftp.cdrom.com - both of which no long have the old Quake stuff they
once
> > > did. :(
> > >
> > > If anyone has it - I would be grateful if you'd post it here, or (if
> > > you're willing) email it to me - junkmail007(at)woh.rr.com
> > >
> > > I've got a load of friends coming over for an 'old skool' gaming LAN
> > > party and I'd really really love to have this mod.
> > >
> > > Back in the day I had TONS of old Quake1 DM & SP maps and mods. Mind
> > > you this was back in the day when 100 meg Zip Disks were first coming.
> > > Sadly when I had harddrive problems (Damn you Seagate! Damn you to
> > > hell! ;) I erased all my Q1 stuff to backup other things. Who knew
that
> > > years later I'd be kicking myself. Ah well - at least I found one of
my
> > > all time favorite old maps DM Ledges. I don't know why I like it so
> > > much, I just found it addictively fun to play on. I'll also gladly
> > > take pointers to still surviving map and mod sites if anyone has them.
> > > (I've been searching planetquake's Q1 section, which is where I found
> > > some of my maps - but many of their links are broken and the selection
> > > on file planet is rather meager when it comes to mods and maps.)
> > >

> > > Thanks in advance,
> > >
> > > Myrmidon
> > >

> > And with little more searching, a slightly modified(paralysis removed)
> > version of the 1.11: http://www.bit-net.com/~omegaone/archive.htm
> >
> Thank you very much! I haven't had any luck getting it to run
> with Fuh-Quake so far, but I've got the time to fiddle with it and see
> what I can do. Thanks again for helping the clue impaired get a clue.
> :) It never occured to me to search for a modified version of the hook.
>
> Later,
>
> Myrmidon

As I remember, a lot of players didn't care for the paralysis part. Made it
too much of a weapon and less a grappling hook.

Bob

TRENDING THREADS