Diskeeper vs PerfectDisk

On Sun, 8 May 2005 15:06:58 +0100, Kenny wrote:

> Which is the best or are they much the same?
>
> http://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdisk2k/
>
> http://consumer.execsoft.com/diskeeper/dkhome.asp?RId=1

I think it comes down to personal preference. I like Raxco's Perfect Disk.
Purchased my first copy shortly after XP was released.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

"Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Which is the best or are they much the same?
>
> http://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdisk2k/
>
> http://consumer.execsoft.com/diskeeper/dkhome.asp?RId=1
>
> --

Kenny,

That rather depends on what your criteria are for deciding which product is
most appropriate for your usage scenario.
Get trial copies of each then compare them against your specific criteria
then select and purchase.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Which is the best or are they much the same?
>
> http://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdisk2k/
>
> http://consumer.execsoft.com/diskeeper/dkhome.asp?RId=1
>
> --
>
> Kenny Cargill

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

Thanks for the replies. Someone in another group pointed me to these
comparisons.
http://www.raxco.co.uk/media/PDV7_vs_DKV9.pdf
http://www.raxco.co.uk/media/PDV7_Vs_All.pdf
Obviously these will be biased in favour of PerfectDisk but I can't find an
unbiassed comparison.
--

Kenny Cargill

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> Which is the best or are they much the same?
>>
>> http://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdisk2k/
>>
>> http://consumer.execsoft.com/diskeeper/dkhome.asp?RId=1
>>
>> --
>
> Kenny,
>
> That rather depends on what your criteria are for deciding which product
> is most appropriate for your usage scenario.
> Get trial copies of each then compare them against your specific criteria
> then select and purchase.
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups
>
> "Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> Which is the best or are they much the same?
>>
>> http://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdisk2k/
>>
>> http://consumer.execsoft.com/diskeeper/dkhome.asp?RId=1
>>
>> --
>>
>> Kenny Cargill

Each company has a free trial download. Get them, install them - form your
OWN unbiased opinion!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> Thanks for the replies. Someone in another group pointed me to these
> comparisons.
> http://www.raxco.co.uk/media/PDV7_vs_DKV9.pdf
> http://www.raxco.co.uk/media/PDV7_Vs_All.pdf
> Obviously these will be biased in favour of PerfectDisk but I can't find
> an unbiassed comparison.
> --
>
> Kenny Cargill
>

> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> "Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>>> Which is the best or are they much the same?
>>>
>>> http://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdisk2k/
>>>
>>> http://consumer.execsoft.com/diskeeper/dkhome.asp?RId=1
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> Kenny,
>>
>> That rather depends on what your criteria are for deciding which product
>> is most appropriate for your usage scenario.
>> Get trial copies of each then compare them against your specific criteria
>> then select and purchase.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

>> rights
>>
>> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>> newsgroups
>>
>> "Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>>> Which is the best or are they much the same?
>>>
>>> http://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdisk2k/
>>>
>>> http://consumer.execsoft.com/diskeeper/dkhome.asp?RId=1
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Kenny Cargill

I have used both Disk Keeper and perfect Disk and i have to say i much
prefer Perfect Disk

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert