Another 2900xt bench-yes it's Fudzilla; who else.

No1sFanboy

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Link

10646 3dmark06 with an e6700.

This is consistant with other pre NDA benches.

If this card does come in at 8800gts price ranges it is a very good score.
It does well in the shader model 3.0 test

It is looking like this card will compete with the 8800gtx on newer games.
For ATI fans a good card, for Nvidia fans, probably price drops.

crazypyro

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
pile.jpg

take just a little bit of it

its FUDzilla, he has reported one thing only to repost a new story that completely and utterly contradicts what he previously said, only to post another story that confirms the original.

Fuad is like a puppy who chases his own tail, he just keeps going in circles until he finally catches it.

Andrius

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004
Is it really so hard to wait two more days?

Why did he even bother to release the info :wink:?
It'd be easier to just start writting a legit review by now and release it on thursday.

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Is it really so hard to wait two more days?

Why did he even bother to release the info :wink:?
It'd be easier to just start writting a legit review by now and release it on thursday.
He's merely trying to squeek out as many hits on his website as possible before real results are released.

sailer

Splendid

Based on what fanboy? 3dmark 06 scores?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He has a 8800 GTX and you're calling him a ATI fanboy? Something doesn't quite make sense here.

Other than that, Faud may be right, he may be full of it, but I'm waiting for the official dates of benches after the NDAs end before making any decisions.

Andrius

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004
He's merely trying to squeek out as many hits on his website as possible before real results are released.

So that's why his news are always 1 line long and there's 100 banners on it?
Figures 8)

No1sFanboy

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

Which point is in contention.*
1. The 2900xt looks to be a good card.
2. 8800gtx may have to drop in price to maintain price/performance.
3. Showing strong results in the shader 3.0 test is a better predictor of performance in newer titles than the test score in total.

I'm well aware that 3dmark does not give a complete picture but is a good controlled test for comparison. Show me a bad card that invalidates the test by scoring over 5000 in the shader 3.0 test but only achieves low frame rates in actual game play.
*Oh and Rob, can we stay on topic. Please don't post your picture in a tanktop, show me you're vacation photos or quote your shoulder press; I seriously don't care.

goldragon_70

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
*Oh and Rob, can we stay on topic. Please don't post your picture in a tanktop, show me you're vacation photos or quote your shoulder press; I seriously don't care.

:lol:

Humm had to copy and past that in word. I didn't know 5.5 exsisted.

:lol: :lol:

NightlySputnik

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I... see.... nothing.... yet...

No I tried, but I guess I'll have to wait for a reliable source before I make a call on who's the best. GeF8800Ultra or HD2900XTX?

My money is... ouch it hurts... on GeF8800Ultra... to see such bad results after such a long delay. :x :x :x

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006

He has a 8800 GTX and you're calling him a ATI fanboy? Something doesn't quite make sense here.He never once used the word fanboy, and he's right. The 7900GTX beat the X1900XTX in 3DMark06, but it got beat in real world situations quite often.

The thing is, unlike most final score posts we can see the weighting of the scores, and here it seems that most of the R600's results are from the SM3.0 tests, which is very nice to see for future gaming support.

I suspect that early games my be limited by ROP or TMU output if they can handle th eheavier shaders easily, but can't get the SM2.0 results up at the same time.

Of course this is all early guesstimation on extremely limited info, but it's what I see from the info presented.

Of course, we all see what we wanna see and an archiecture that doesn't crap out later on mean longevity for a laptop IMO. 8)

sailer

Splendid

He has a 8800 GTX and you're calling him a ATI fanboy? Something doesn't quite make sense here.He never once used the word fanboy, and he's right. The 7900GTX beat the X1900XTX in 3DMark06, but it got beat in real world situations quite often.

Perhaps I'm reading something wrong or have some other misunderstanding. But from what I read, No1sFanboy has a 8800 GTX and SlinRob called him an ATI fanboy, referring to some 3dMark 06 scores. It didn't make sense to me that someone owning a Nvidia card would be called an ATI fanboy. I'm not sure where the references to a 7900 GTX or 1900 XTX come from.