No monitor signal :(

danmaca

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
hi folks,

I'm currently running a Gainward 6800GS 512mb AGP card in my system, on an Asus P4C800-Deluxe, p4 3.2 @3.81, 2gb OCZ PC4000, on XPsp2.

I hadn't had any problems at all, until my card started to get pretty hot (90degrees), and games would freezes (regardless of in game "graphics settings", leaving a reboot as the only option. I had a look at the card, cleared the huge amount of dust that had accumulated in the heatsink and fan, and reconnected. When I reconnected I was getting no signal through my monitor (which is only itself about 6 months old). So i tried disconnecting, reconnecting, taking out the card, putting it back in, check all my connections, sli, the lot. I finally got it to work, by using the analog output on the card rather than the digital output. Everything seemed ago, leaving me suspicious of a dodgy monitor cable. Today however, I booted my pc to the same problem, this time on the analog connection of course. Any ideas whats up? I'm hoping its not my card, only got that about ten months ago and I would hardly say its been abused, it lays idle most of the time! any suggestions?

Thanks

since posting i cam across this article : http://www.techimo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184601... sounds similar to the problems I was having - my card was getting very hot and my case temp was going up by almost 10degrees at times. Is the card fried you think? I had similar problems with my power supply, but its only been since i upgraded my power supply, i've had these problems with it.... before the power supply wasn't big enough but now that it is, its overheating.

danmaca

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
...i'm also using the sli connector from my power supply rather than the standard molex converter connection that came with it

TRENDING THREADS