Sign in with
Your question

looking for a 3 1/2 in server case for adding 5 Sata drives

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 21, 2008 12:02:12 PM

Does anybody kmow where I can buy an inexpensive case that I can install 5 3 1/2 sata hard drives with an at power source included I have a Esata multiplier so I can just one otgoing line to the host system
just an empty case will due that holds at least 5 3/12 sata drives having a scsi1 centronics opening would be nice but just an open back port will due
whatever I do to try and find one has a processor and ram which is not really needed
just interested in getting rid of those indepent cases power supplys and drive cables and clear up that clutter under the desk doesn't need to be stylish as a plain case will do just fine
August 7, 2008 7:12:11 PM

You don't need an empty computer case... hard drive cages are sold separately. I've seen these enclosures support 5 - 7 hard drives.
August 7, 2008 10:00:13 PM

all I find is individual trays or no picture to tell hat it loks like
where do they sell them then with a full size picture as well
Related resources
October 28, 2008 12:54:29 PM

I did find a server case that gives support for 5 hard drives that use 5/14 mobile racks but now I have one drive that the Sata multiplexer says it detects but Windows is finicky about recognizing it as there At times and find that annoying.Checked it a normal external case and it always gets recognized by windows so know the drive can be read and writen to but under the multiplexer unit it keeps having problems from Windows even seeing it.the reason for using the multiplexer and the server is to reduce the excess clutter of another power supply and cable and another case/How can this problem be resolved using the multiplexer rather than an external case Only one drive has this peculiarity regardless of what racks it's secured in but know that it does work
!