Unloading photos V551 & remove icons

Hello
I just upgraded to the Motorola V551 from my failing Nokia, This is my first
camera phone and I have a question about unloading the photos, the saleswomen
from Cingular said the only way she knew was to e-mail them. The manual does
not seem to cover any other way just the e-mail, can it be done? Data cable
software, etc., and can I remove/disable the Internet related icons.
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about unloading photos v551 remove icons

    In article <20050104185423.06002.00001861@mb-m21.aol.com>,
    pwtrtwn@aol.comnojunk (PWtrtwn) wrote:

    > Hello
    > I just upgraded to the Motorola V551 from my failing Nokia, This is my first
    > camera phone and I have a question about unloading the photos, the saleswomen
    > from Cingular said the only way she knew was to e-mail them. The manual does
    > not seem to cover any other way just the e-mail, can it be done? Data cable
    > software, etc., and can I remove/disable the Internet related icons.
    > Thanks

    Go to eBay and search on "motorola v551 OEM USB Cable",
    make sure to buy one with Motorola Phone Tools software on CD.

    ~ $25; which is less than Motorola sells them directly ($59.99),
    although presumably from Motorola you get more recent software.

    In <20050104185423.06002.00001861@mb-m21.aol.com> on 04 Jan 2005 23:54:23 GMT,
    pwtrtwn@aol.comnojunk (PWtrtwn) wrote:

    >I just upgraded to the Motorola V551 from my failing Nokia, This is my first
    >camera phone and I have a question about unloading the photos, the saleswomen
    >from Cingular said the only way she knew was to e-mail them. The manual does
    >not seem to cover any other way just the e-mail, can it be done? Data cable
    >software, etc., and can I remove/disable the Internet related icons.

    Your transfer options include:
    * email
    * MMS (multimedia messaging, direct or thru MMS->email gateway)
    * Cable
    * Bluetooth

    In <jzwick3-49BFF7.17584204012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Tue, 04 Jan
    2005 23:58:48 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >In article <20050104185423.06002.00001861@mb-m21.aol.com>,
    > pwtrtwn@aol.comnojunk (PWtrtwn) wrote:
    >
    >> Hello
    >> I just upgraded to the Motorola V551 from my failing Nokia, This is my first
    >> camera phone and I have a question about unloading the photos, the saleswomen
    >> from Cingular said the only way she knew was to e-mail them. The manual does
    >> not seem to cover any other way just the e-mail, can it be done? Data cable
    >> software, etc., and can I remove/disable the Internet related icons.
    >> Thanks
    >
    >Go to eBay and search on "motorola v551 OEM USB Cable",
    >make sure to buy one with Motorola Phone Tools software on CD.
    >
    >~ $25; which is less than Motorola sells them directly ($59.99),
    >although presumably from Motorola you get more recent software.

    Better bet: http://shopoem.com/
    Cable and software for about $20

Cingular Internet Service Providers