Unloading photos V551 & remove icons

Last response: in Network Providers
January 5, 2005 2:54:23 AM

Hello
I just upgraded to the Motorola V551 from my failing Nokia, This is my first
camera phone and I have a question about unloading the photos, the saleswomen
from Cingular said the only way she knew was to e-mail them. The manual does
not seem to cover any other way just the e-mail, can it be done? Data cable
software, etc., and can I remove/disable the Internet related icons.
Thanks
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 2:58:48 AM

In article <20050104185423.06002.00001861@mb-m21.aol.com>,
pwtrtwn@aol.comnojunk (PWtrtwn) wrote:

> Hello
> I just upgraded to the Motorola V551 from my failing Nokia, This is my first
> camera phone and I have a question about unloading the photos, the saleswomen
> from Cingular said the only way she knew was to e-mail them. The manual does
> not seem to cover any other way just the e-mail, can it be done? Data cable
> software, etc., and can I remove/disable the Internet related icons.
> Thanks

Go to eBay and search on "motorola v551 OEM USB Cable",
make sure to buy one with Motorola Phone Tools software on CD.

~ $25; which is less than Motorola sells them directly ($59.99),
although presumably from Motorola you get more recent software.
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 3:27:42 AM

In <20050104185423.06002.00001861@mb-m21.aol.com> on 04 Jan 2005 23:54:23 GMT,
pwtrtwn@aol.comnojunk (PWtrtwn) wrote:

>I just upgraded to the Motorola V551 from my failing Nokia, This is my first
>camera phone and I have a question about unloading the photos, the saleswomen
>from Cingular said the only way she knew was to e-mail them. The manual does
>not seem to cover any other way just the e-mail, can it be done? Data cable
>software, etc., and can I remove/disable the Internet related icons.

Your transfer options include:
* email
* MMS (multimedia messaging, direct or thru MMS->email gateway)
* Cable
* Bluetooth

January 5, 2005 3:29:11 AM

In <jzwick3-49BFF7.17584204012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Tue, 04 Jan
2005 23:58:48 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <20050104185423.06002.00001861@mb-m21.aol.com>,
> pwtrtwn@aol.comnojunk (PWtrtwn) wrote:
>
>> Hello
>> I just upgraded to the Motorola V551 from my failing Nokia, This is my first
>> camera phone and I have a question about unloading the photos, the saleswomen
>> from Cingular said the only way she knew was to e-mail them. The manual does
>> not seem to cover any other way just the e-mail, can it be done? Data cable
>> software, etc., and can I remove/disable the Internet related icons.
>> Thanks
>
>Go to eBay and search on "motorola v551 OEM USB Cable",
>make sure to buy one with Motorola Phone Tools software on CD.
>
>~ $25; which is less than Motorola sells them directly ($59.99),
>although presumably from Motorola you get more recent software.

Better bet: http://shopoem.com/
Cable and software for about $20