Very annoying 'stuttering'

mizzl

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Hi Tom's Hardware
I have a very annoying problem with my computer. Whenever I watch a video/listen to music/play a game, my computer stutters at random moments. I.e. it freezes for a half second and then resumes. It seems really hard to find an answer on the internet so I'm asking you: please help!

(specs: check my sig)

bliq

Distinguished
start with the basic- any apps running in the background? antivirus? antispyware? Is the windows 7 from a legitimate place or did you download it from warez? is your AV and AS up to date? have you done a run recently? check your CPU/memory/pagefile/bandwidth performance monitor at idle and during a movie or whatever. is it getting to 100%? are you streaming movies and music, i.e. hulu HD or itunes? could be network related.

technuttso

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
Yep. I came in from the home page,my bad. The problem is persistent from some log time? Or is just pop out like yesterday. Try some recovery system if is not old(witch i presume is not...is not a usable pc, just office apps u may run ).if is not working ...backup and fresh install may seems the way.

technuttso

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
If u have some virus in,then u have a corrupted system,big time. An antivirus deletes corrupted files,so i think u will do fine with some fresh install of the system. Less pain in the a...