Faster user switching

If I am the sole user of my computer, does faster user switching need to be
turned on?
3 answers Last reply
More about faster user switching

    Hi,

    No, but it won't hurt anything to be on either.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Lizzie" <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > If I am the sole user of my computer, does faster user switching need to
    > be
    > turned on?

    The service does not need to be ON.

    And YES it does hurt to have services running when they are not needed.
    Every service uses resources (some a little, some a lot) and also they can
    present doors to other things to run, so it is always better to stop
    services not in use.

    RT
    > Hi,
    >
    > No, but it won't hurt anything to be on either.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Lizzie" <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> If I am the sole user of my computer, does faster user switching need to
    >> be
    >> turned on?

    Hint:

    If the bad thing is close enough to your machine to exploit fast user
    switching, you're dead meat anyway. ;-)

    Don't assume so much and don't assume that you have *any* control when the
    wall has been breeched.

    --
    Walter Clayton

    "Rafael T" <okinawapro@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The service does not need to be ON.
    >
    > And YES it does hurt to have services running when they are not needed.
    > Every service uses resources (some a little, some a lot) and also they can
    > present doors to other things to run, so it is always better to stop
    > services not in use.
    >
    > RT
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> No, but it won't hurt anything to be on either.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >> "Lizzie" <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> If I am the sole user of my computer, does faster user switching need to
    >>> be
    >>> turned on?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP