supageek

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2007
My CPU is overclocked to 3.3ghz but the problem is that it never goes all the way up to 3.3ghz no matter what I do. I open cpuz and run orthos to see if there is any change in frequency but nope it just stays at 2.4ghz the voltage doesnt go up either. I then went into control panel ---> power settings and adjusted the minimum processor power to 100% and now its always running at 3.3ghz and never goes back down but if I change the minimum processor power setting dow to anything under 100% cpu frequuency never goes up to 3.3ghz. Is this a bug in vista or am I missing something here?

Solution
I don't believe there is a solution to your problem... at least not the kind of solution you're looking for. Speedstep won't step up the speed of the processor unless it determines you need that speed. So if you want the processor to work at 3.3GHz with SS enabled... make the processor do more work.
I don't believe there is a solution to your problem... at least not the kind of solution you're looking for. Speedstep won't step up the speed of the processor unless it determines you need that speed. So if you want the processor to work at 3.3GHz with SS enabled... make the processor do more work.

Solution