Any software I should think of getting?

sephirothXR

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
I'm getting a new Laptop, and I want to get a lot of good software. I'm getting Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007, and some good spyware/virus/firewall programs. Any other software I should consider getting?

I hear of this program called Microsoft Streets and Tours 2007, which would be neat to have(I would'nt mind looking into any interesting Microsoft products or software by any other company). *Regardless* of cost, any interesting software that I should get for my new laptop?

Solution
Win the lotto did you? So you're just going to buy random software just to spend money? Will you be using the laptop for anything besides looking fashionable?

Do you really need the full blown Office? Office 2007 Ultimate Includes: Access 2007, Accounting Express 2007, Excel 2007, Groove 2007, InfoPath 2007, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager, PowerPoint 2007, Publisher 2007, and Word 2007. Now really, just how much of that are you really going to use? You can buy Word and Excel by themselves you know, or there are much cheaper alternatives.

The only thing I'll tell you to buy is Zonealarm Internet Suite. It's awesome, and gets good reviews. Beyond that, strangers on the Internet can't advise you if you don't...

SciFiMan

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
Win the lotto did you? So you're just going to buy random software just to spend money? Will you be using the laptop for anything besides looking fashionable?

Do you really need the full blown Office? Office 2007 Ultimate Includes: Access 2007, Accounting Express 2007, Excel 2007, Groove 2007, InfoPath 2007, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager, PowerPoint 2007, Publisher 2007, and Word 2007. Now really, just how much of that are you really going to use? You can buy Word and Excel by themselves you know, or there are much cheaper alternatives.

The only thing I'll tell you to buy is Zonealarm Internet Suite. It's awesome, and gets good reviews. Beyond that, strangers on the Internet can't advise you if you don't know yourself what you need a computer for.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS