Help please on scsi card

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindaberrien

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
I have an older computer that used to have an scsi card for my microtek scanner 6XEL.(A great 32 bit scanner)
The back of the scanner has two parallel ports (in and out) and a serial port for what I have been told is accessories.
I sent my computer for repair and it came back without the scsi card and no one knows where it is. Although I have a newer computer, also with no scsi card, I want to use the old one for the scanner since it has all the software. The problem is that I can't find an scsi card anywhere and also have been told there are several kinds and I have no idea what to do. I think the port on the scsi card was like a printer parallel port just the same as the ports on the scanner.
Can anyone tell me where I can find a cheap scsi card and what kind I need to get? I would be so grateful for help.
I have no idea how to know if someone has answered my question so if you would like to email me directly instead my email is ltp@pinehurst.net
Thanks for any help you can offer me.
ps I have no idea where to post this or what category. I just hope someone sees this and will answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.