Hp laptop with xp change to win89se ?

kcgye

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Hello,
i have an HP ze4430us pavillion laptop bought with xp on it, can i downgrade it to win98se and have it recognize all the hardware/mainboard ? lost the recovery cs,s

You can order replacement recovery media from HP... or you can borrow an OEM copy of XP from someone that has it. You could also download it since you have a legal license key. I wouldn't suggest downgrading it under any circumstances.

kcgye

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
because we have a lot of older games that even XP wont allow ya to run... even tried letting XP over ride the compatiblilit issue..and to no good... Lot of things were fun we used to do in earlier versions. it is just an ole stand by computer.

kcgye

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010

Zoron..........it sounds like ya may be quite familiar with the ole dos days,,,,, if so, and dont know your age. that is why i ask.....Have you ever heard of an old windows game called ricochet? not sure bout the spelling but it is pronounced as: the sound a gun makes when it bounces off of something, like in most tv westerns. it was a game of many different levels, using keys or mouse to navagate lightning bolts, english banking like in pool, and ya , at times had holes ya fall into,in sum ways it was sort of like pinball also. prob a bad discription sorry. would luv to find it again thanks for the advice on Dos Box