quake1 in XP pro

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

Peter wrote:
> hello to all quake players,
> I have just installed XP, how do i get quake to run in this new O.S.
>
> Peter...
You run GLQuake.
McG.

"Peter" <vk3rq@satlink.com.au> wrote in message

> hello to all quake players,
> I have just installed XP, how do i get quake to run in this new O.S.

http://www.fuhquake.net/
http://equake.quakeworld.nu/

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 07:42:18 GMT, "Matthew Vaughan"
<matt-no-spam-109@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Peter" <vk3rq@satlink.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> hello to all quake players,
>> I have just installed XP, how do i get quake to run in this new O.S.
>
>http://www.fuhquake.net/
>http://equake.quakeworld.nu/

the fuhquake looks like it has bots and a bunch of added maps and
whatnot, as well as, perhaps, a "refresher" tutorial so I can
customize the look like I did in the past, since I can't remember what
I did 7 years ago with my "almighty" autoexec.cfg file?

yes, I used to play quake (and q2 and q3) a ton, and i lost
everything, haven't even considered firing it up in ages, and now i'm
gonna be stuck in a big metal box in a desert with nothing but a power
cable and a laptop, for a year, so I'ma refresh my love for the entire
quake world by packing my HDD with every damn map I can find for
quake, q2 and q3, and running against the bots, playing single player,
etc

is there a doggone "hey dummy, this is how you do this, REMEMBER?"
type FAQ for the quakes?

damn I have some refreshing to do...

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

are fuhquake and equake the same thing?

"schwinztee" <schwing@schwong.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 07:42:18 GMT, "Matthew Vaughan"
> <matt-no-spam-109@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>"Peter" <vk3rq@satlink.com.au> wrote in message
>>>
>>> hello to all quake players,
>>> I have just installed XP, how do i get quake to run in this new O.S.
>>
>>http://www.fuhquake.net/
>>http://equake.quakeworld.nu/
>>

> the fuhquake looks like it has bots and a bunch of added maps and
> whatnot, as well as, perhaps, a "refresher" tutorial so I can
> customize the look like I did in the past, since I can't remember what
> I did 7 years ago with my "almighty" autoexec.cfg file?
>
> yes, I used to play quake (and q2 and q3) a ton, and i lost
> everything, haven't even considered firing it up in ages, and now i'm
> gonna be stuck in a big metal box in a desert with nothing but a power
> cable and a laptop, for a year, so I'ma refresh my love for the entire
> quake world by packing my HDD with every damn map I can find for
> quake, q2 and q3, and running against the bots, playing single player,
> etc
>
> is there a doggone "hey dummy, this is how you do this, REMEMBER?"
> type FAQ for the quakes?
>
> damn I have some refreshing to do...

also, is equake basically just fuhquake with a bunch of added stuff? so if
i got equake, i'd get fuhquake, plus a whole lot more?

I just need to have basic quake 1.08 installed, right? Other than paying
planetquake a fee to download something that should be free (since I own
Quake1), where can I get 1.08?

thanks a bunch.

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

eQuake is a package comprising FuhQuake and a variety of other files and
useful utilities.

"SGT Robo" <robsonia6beare@SPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> are fuhquake and equake the same thing?
>

> "Matthew Vaughan" <matt-no-spam-109@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Peter" <vk3rq@satlink.com.au> wrote in message
>>>
>>> hello to all quake players,
>>> I have just installed XP, how do i get quake to run in this new O.S.
>>
>> http://www.fuhquake.net/
>> http://equake.quakeworld.nu/

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

"schwinztee" <schwing@schwong.com> wrote in message

> yes, I used to play quake (and q2 and q3) a ton, and i lost
> everything, haven't even considered firing it up in ages, and now i'm
> gonna be stuck in a big metal box in a desert with nothing but a power
> cable and a laptop, for a year, so I'ma refresh my love for the entire
> quake world by packing my HDD with every damn map I can find for
> quake, q2 and q3, and running against the bots, playing single player,
> etc

Oh, for a selection of some of the best maps out there, try
http://www.planetquake.com/peek/ or http://www.planetquake.com/gonzo/

Plus I think for variety you should bring Unreal Tournament (plus many added
maps), UT2003, Starcraft Broodwar, and other games.