Sign in with
Your question

Installing 3rd party drivers without a floppy disk drive

Last response: in Windows XP
July 4, 2007 3:48:01 PM

I originally wanted to install xp on my sata drive. However its not discoverd by windows during the setup, I placed the sata/raid drivers on a cd in the hope that windows install could load the drivers from it though it appears windows install will only install sata/raid drivers from a floppy disk. I dont actually have a floppy disk drive, is there some way around this (other than forking out £10 for a floppy drive and cable im only ever going to use when installing os's)?

Cheers
July 5, 2007 3:04:52 AM

With XP I think you're out of luck... the drivers can only be loaded with a floppy. There is a way to streamline them into the installation... but I don't know the procedure. It will involve making a new XP CD from the one you currently have... and obviously it will also involve the SATA drivers.
July 7, 2007 9:34:19 PM

cheers zoron, done a bit of searching on the net and theres a prog named nlite that sounds promising.

http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html

There are other drivers I wouldnt mind sticking on the cd with it but as rock's website is down - been down all day! Tis a cheap manufacturer, get what you pay for i guess.
July 7, 2007 10:51:57 PM

yes nlite is good which is why its on KLT website ;) 
!