view windows

In winXP when I minimize an application I cant see the other open
applications unless I minimize them as well.

How can I set it so I can see other minimized applications at bootom of the
screen
10 answers Last reply
More about view windows

    try clicking this link downloading the file and double click it, see if that
    works:
    http://www.technewsgroups.net/link.aspx?url=http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/xp_taskbar_desktop_fixall.vbs

    On Mon, 9 May 2005 14:26:32 +1000, mexican wrote:

    > In winXP when I minimize an application I cant see the other open
    > applications unless I minimize them as well.
    >
    > How can I set it so I can see other minimized applications at bootom of the
    > screen

    Either I need more coffee or your post is not very clear about what's
    happening.

    When an app is running, minimized or not, it should have a button on the
    taskbar. Clicking this button should bring the corresponding program window
    into view.

    If you are losing the buttons for minimized apps, see:
    Programs aren't minimized to taskbar (Line 240, left hand side)

    Some other links from that same page that may help (in case I am not
    understanding your problem correctly)

    Restore taskbar to default functionality (Line 164, left hand side)

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! (Line 298, left hand side)
    Free version fixes several common taskbar problems. Shareware version fixes
    many problems and includes some nice customization options.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Sharon maybe more coffee is in order. lol. i just posted that link. late
    night last night? ;)

    "J-Dee" wrote:

    > try clicking this link downloading the file and double click it, see if that
    > works:
    > http://www.technewsgroups.net/link.aspx?url=http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/xp_taskbar_desktop_fixall.vbs
    >
    > "mexican" wrote:
    >
    > > In winXP when I minimize an application I cant see the other open
    > > applications unless I minimize them as well.
    > >
    > > How can I set it so I can see other minimized applications at bootom of the
    > > screen

    well you know how they say girls get bad backs.... only messing. i know this
    aint the place to ask but are you contracted to Microsoft? and trained on
    there products?

    On Mon, 9 May 2005 06:47:01 -0700, J-Dee wrote:

    > Sharon maybe more coffee is in order. lol. i just posted that link. late
    > night last night? ;)

    Hi, not a late night but back has been out for almost a week. Getting
    better but in the meantime the condition kind of clouds the thinking
    process. :)

    Didn't mean to step on your toes though. Sorry. Your post wasn't here when
    I downloaded headers. Didn't see it until after I posted and, even later,
    refreshed the newsgroup.

    Oh well, two similar responses are useful. At least the original poster
    will know that two people think that they will be able to find a solution
    at Kelly's site. :)

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    On Mon, 9 May 2005 07:24:11 -0700, J-Dee wrote:

    > well you know how they say girls get bad backs.... only messing. i know this
    > aint the place to ask but are you contracted to Microsoft? and trained on
    > there products?

    No contract. Just a Windows user that enjoys helping others. Have a small
    network for my home business. That and fixing computers for friends and
    family supplies my "training." Read tech manuals constantly. Have you ever
    seen the commercial of the lady reading tech manuals in her bubble bath?
    I'm thinking someone snitched on me. ;)

    The MVP designation in the sig line reflects an award from Microsoft.
    https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    no havent im afraid, im from UK so if its a US advert then thats why. see if
    you can solve this problem sharon please it would be greatfully appreciated.

    Ok so i have a pc thats works for 6 months with SP2 perfectly, i upgrade
    hardware with audigy zs soundcard and bigger hard drive(secondary) so now i
    get a message saying updates downloaded ,click to install, after install it
    needs a reboot, and then never boots up again, keeps resetting on a black
    screen just after windows loading screen, i have read many articles saying
    about compatibility with AMD64 bit but not AMD athlon xp 1800+.
    Heres my spec, could anyone suggest any ideas? i have to format btw every
    time i get this problem.

    amd athlon xp 1800+
    1024mb ram
    maxtor 60gb hard drive
    fujitsu 20gb hard drive
    ati radeon 9600xt se sapphire
    network card
    usb 2.0 belkin pci card
    audigy zs pci sound card
    lite on cd/dvd rewriter
    dvd rom drive
    floppy drive

    do you have hotmail? if so could i have your addy? mine is
    joeisgr8@hotmail.com so jus send me an email with yours if you dont want to
    say in public. cheers sharon

    On Mon, 9 May 2005 08:22:20 -0700, J-Dee wrote:

    > Ok so i have a pc thats works for 6 months with SP2 perfectly, i upgrade
    > hardware with audigy zs soundcard and bigger hard drive(secondary) so now i
    > get a message saying updates downloaded ,click to install, after install it
    > needs a reboot, and then never boots up again, keeps resetting on a black
    > screen just after windows loading screen, i have read many articles saying
    > about compatibility with AMD64 bit but not AMD athlon xp 1800+.
    > Heres my spec, could anyone suggest any ideas? i have to format btw every
    > time i get this problem.

    No answer but suggestions:

    -Add one device at a time. Concentrate on getting the system stable with
    each addition before moving on to next device.

    -Don't take the driver updates from Windows Update. Seek them out at the
    manufacturer's websites instead. There are different schools of thought on
    this point.

    The approved WDM driver will be offered at Windows update. They are usually
    basic drivers. Very few, if any, extra features included. I only use these
    when a device is being extra sticky to get installed or working properly.
    Even then I prefer to get them from the hardware manufacturer's website.

    Manufacturers are likely to have more recent drivers. They will probably
    not be approved yet. But they often include fixes for recognized problems
    caused by older drivers (including WDM versions). And they usually
    encompass support for a wider range of the device's features.

    -Never hurts to check out a few of the gaming sites or newsgroups for
    recommendations on the most stable sound or display drivers.

    -Also, check your Windows Update log to find out exactly what drivers were
    downloaded. Shouldn't really assume they're related to the newer devices
    although it's easy to do so. If you do a repair install, those logs will be
    preserved. Or refuse the downloads and track them down at the
    manufacturers' web sites. Download and install those packages instead.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    I cant boot up to check the log, imagine now... i install xp, then sp2 and
    then the updates then on reboot it happens. i tried bios updates, i heard amd
    do there own sp2 i cant find it though, do you know anything about this?

    On Mon, 9 May 2005 09:02:07 -0700, J-Dee wrote:

    > I cant boot up to check the log, imagine now... i install xp, then sp2 and
    > then the updates then on reboot it happens. i tried bios updates, i heard amd
    > do there own sp2 i cant find it though, do you know anything about this?

    No, have not heard that and I use AMD on my desktop. Original motherboard
    had a via chipset; current board is nVidia.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Microsoft Windows XP