view windows

May 9, 2005 6:26:32 PM

In winXP when I minimize an application I cant see the other open
applications unless I minimize them as well.

How can I set it so I can see other minimized applications at bootom of the
screen

More about : view windows

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 6:26:33 PM

try clicking this link downloading the file and double click it, see if that
works:
http://www.technewsgroups.net/link.aspx?url=http://www....

"mexican" wrote:

> In winXP when I minimize an application I cant see the other open
> applications unless I minimize them as well.
>
> How can I set it so I can see other minimized applications at bootom of the
> screen

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 6:26:33 PM

On Mon, 9 May 2005 14:26:32 +1000, mexican wrote:

> In winXP when I minimize an application I cant see the other open
> applications unless I minimize them as well.
>
> How can I set it so I can see other minimized applications at bootom of the
> screen

Either I need more coffee or your post is not very clear about what's
happening.

When an app is running, minimized or not, it should have a button on the
taskbar. Clicking this button should bring the corresponding program window
into view.

If you are losing the buttons for minimized apps, see:
Programs aren't minimized to taskbar (Line 240, left hand side)

Some other links from that same page that may help (in case I am not
understanding your problem correctly)

Restore taskbar to default functionality (Line 164, left hand side)

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! (Line 298, left hand side)
Free version fixes several common taskbar problems. Shareware version fixes
many problems and includes some nice customization options.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Sharon maybe more coffee is in order. lol. i just posted that link. late
night last night? ;)

"J-Dee" wrote:

> try clicking this link downloading the file and double click it, see if that
> works:
> http://www.technewsgroups.net/link.aspx?url=http://www....
>
> "mexican" wrote:
>
> > In winXP when I minimize an application I cant see the other open
> > applications unless I minimize them as well.
> >
> > How can I set it so I can see other minimized applications at bootom of the
> > screen

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 6:26:34 PM

well you know how they say girls get bad backs.... only messing. i know this
aint the place to ask but are you contracted to Microsoft? and trained on
there products?

"Sharon F" wrote:

> On Mon, 9 May 2005 14:26:32 +1000, mexican wrote:
>
> > In winXP when I minimize an application I cant see the other open
> > applications unless I minimize them as well.
> >
> > How can I set it so I can see other minimized applications at bootom of the
> > screen
>
> Either I need more coffee or your post is not very clear about what's
> happening.
>
> When an app is running, minimized or not, it should have a button on the
> taskbar. Clicking this button should bring the corresponding program window
> into view.
>
> If you are losing the buttons for minimized apps, see:
> Programs aren't minimized to taskbar (Line 240, left hand side)
>
> Some other links from that same page that may help (in case I am not
> understanding your problem correctly)
>
> Restore taskbar to default functionality (Line 164, left hand side)
>
> Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! (Line 298, left hand side)
> Free version fixes several common taskbar problems. Shareware version fixes
> many problems and includes some nice customization options.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 6:26:35 PM

On Mon, 9 May 2005 06:47:01 -0700, J-Dee wrote:

> Sharon maybe more coffee is in order. lol. i just posted that link. late
> night last night? ;)

Hi, not a late night but back has been out for almost a week. Getting
better but in the meantime the condition kind of clouds the thinking
process. :)

Didn't mean to step on your toes though. Sorry. Your post wasn't here when
I downloaded headers. Didn't see it until after I posted and, even later,
refreshed the newsgroup.

Oh well, two similar responses are useful. At least the original poster
will know that two people think that they will be able to find a solution
at Kelly's site. :)

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

On Mon, 9 May 2005 07:24:11 -0700, J-Dee wrote:

> well you know how they say girls get bad backs.... only messing. i know this
> aint the place to ask but are you contracted to Microsoft? and trained on
> there products?

No contract. Just a Windows user that enjoys helping others. Have a small
network for my home business. That and fixing computers for friends and
family supplies my "training." Read tech manuals constantly. Have you ever
seen the commercial of the lady reading tech manuals in her bubble bath?
I'm thinking someone snitched on me. ;)

The MVP designation in the sig line reflects an award from Microsoft.
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

no havent im afraid, im from UK so if its a US advert then thats why. see if
you can solve this problem sharon please it would be greatfully appreciated.

Ok so i have a pc thats works for 6 months with SP2 perfectly, i upgrade
hardware with audigy zs soundcard and bigger hard drive(secondary) so now i
get a message saying updates downloaded ,click to install, after install it
needs a reboot, and then never boots up again, keeps resetting on a black
screen just after windows loading screen, i have read many articles saying
about compatibility with AMD64 bit but not AMD athlon xp 1800+.
Heres my spec, could anyone suggest any ideas? i have to format btw every
time i get this problem.

amd athlon xp 1800+
1024mb ram
maxtor 60gb hard drive
fujitsu 20gb hard drive
ati radeon 9600xt se sapphire
network card
usb 2.0 belkin pci card
audigy zs pci sound card
lite on cd/dvd rewriter
dvd rom drive
floppy drive

do you have hotmail? if so could i have your addy? mine is
joeisgr8@hotmail.com so jus send me an email with yours if you dont want to
say in public. cheers sharon

"Sharon F" wrote:

> On Mon, 9 May 2005 07:24:11 -0700, J-Dee wrote:
>
> > well you know how they say girls get bad backs.... only messing. i know this
> > aint the place to ask but are you contracted to Microsoft? and trained on
> > there products?
>
> No contract. Just a Windows user that enjoys helping others. Have a small
> network for my home business. That and fixing computers for friends and
> family supplies my "training." Read tech manuals constantly. Have you ever
> seen the commercial of the lady reading tech manuals in her bubble bath?
> I'm thinking someone snitched on me. ;)
>
> The MVP designation in the sig line reflects an award from Microsoft.
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 6:26:37 PM

On Mon, 9 May 2005 08:22:20 -0700, J-Dee wrote:

> Ok so i have a pc thats works for 6 months with SP2 perfectly, i upgrade
> hardware with audigy zs soundcard and bigger hard drive(secondary) so now i
> get a message saying updates downloaded ,click to install, after install it
> needs a reboot, and then never boots up again, keeps resetting on a black
> screen just after windows loading screen, i have read many articles saying
> about compatibility with AMD64 bit but not AMD athlon xp 1800+.
> Heres my spec, could anyone suggest any ideas? i have to format btw every
> time i get this problem.

No answer but suggestions:

-Add one device at a time. Concentrate on getting the system stable with
each addition before moving on to next device.

-Don't take the driver updates from Windows Update. Seek them out at the
manufacturer's websites instead. There are different schools of thought on
this point.

The approved WDM driver will be offered at Windows update. They are usually
basic drivers. Very few, if any, extra features included. I only use these
when a device is being extra sticky to get installed or working properly.
Even then I prefer to get them from the hardware manufacturer's website.

Manufacturers are likely to have more recent drivers. They will probably
not be approved yet. But they often include fixes for recognized problems
caused by older drivers (including WDM versions). And they usually
encompass support for a wider range of the device's features.

-Never hurts to check out a few of the gaming sites or newsgroups for
recommendations on the most stable sound or display drivers.

-Also, check your Windows Update log to find out exactly what drivers were
downloaded. Shouldn't really assume they're related to the newer devices
although it's easy to do so. If you do a repair install, those logs will be
preserved. Or refuse the downloads and track them down at the
manufacturers' web sites. Download and install those packages instead.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

I cant boot up to check the log, imagine now... i install xp, then sp2 and
then the updates then on reboot it happens. i tried bios updates, i heard amd
do there own sp2 i cant find it though, do you know anything about this?

"J-Dee" wrote:

> no havent im afraid, im from UK so if its a US advert then thats why. see if
> you can solve this problem sharon please it would be greatfully appreciated.
>
> Ok so i have a pc thats works for 6 months with SP2 perfectly, i upgrade
> hardware with audigy zs soundcard and bigger hard drive(secondary) so now i
> get a message saying updates downloaded ,click to install, after install it
> needs a reboot, and then never boots up again, keeps resetting on a black
> screen just after windows loading screen, i have read many articles saying
> about compatibility with AMD64 bit but not AMD athlon xp 1800+.
> Heres my spec, could anyone suggest any ideas? i have to format btw every
> time i get this problem.
>
> amd athlon xp 1800+
> 1024mb ram
> maxtor 60gb hard drive
> fujitsu 20gb hard drive
> ati radeon 9600xt se sapphire
> network card
> usb 2.0 belkin pci card
> audigy zs pci sound card
> lite on cd/dvd rewriter
> dvd rom drive
> floppy drive
>
> do you have hotmail? if so could i have your addy? mine is
> joeisgr8@hotmail.com so jus send me an email with yours if you dont want to
> say in public. cheers sharon
>
> "Sharon F" wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 9 May 2005 07:24:11 -0700, J-Dee wrote:
> >
> > > well you know how they say girls get bad backs.... only messing. i know this
> > > aint the place to ask but are you contracted to Microsoft? and trained on
> > > there products?
> >
> > No contract. Just a Windows user that enjoys helping others. Have a small
> > network for my home business. That and fixing computers for friends and
> > family supplies my "training." Read tech manuals constantly. Have you ever
> > seen the commercial of the lady reading tech manuals in her bubble bath?
> > I'm thinking someone snitched on me. ;)
> >
> > The MVP designation in the sig line reflects an award from Microsoft.
> > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx
> >
> > --
> > Sharon F
> > MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 10:46:34 PM

On Mon, 9 May 2005 09:02:07 -0700, J-Dee wrote:

> I cant boot up to check the log, imagine now... i install xp, then sp2 and
> then the updates then on reboot it happens. i tried bios updates, i heard amd
> do there own sp2 i cant find it though, do you know anything about this?

No, have not heard that and I use AMD on my desktop. Original motherboard
had a via chipset; current board is nVidia.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User