Sign in with
Your question

Any suggestions for quiet 771 cpu cooler?

Last response: in CPUs
May 8, 2007 11:04:55 PM

I've got an Intel S500SVN motherboard with two stock Intel coolers on the CPUs, end-user is complaining of noise. I'm thinking of replacing them with either:

Thermaltake CL-P0303

or:

CoolerMaster S3N-7WUTS-05-GP

Does anyone have experience with either of these? Or can you recommend another cpu cooler that I've missed?

Much obliged,
May 9, 2007 12:34:16 AM

If you haven't already, you might want to check the BIOS to see if you can run the fans at a quieter setting.
May 9, 2007 7:01:32 PM

Quote:
If you haven't already, you might want to check the BIOS to see if you can run the fans at a quieter setting.

Tried that, but Intel apparently doesn't trust the user to set fan speeds manually :) 

Anyway, the CL-P0303's are on order, we'll see if they help cut down the noise. Moral of the story, never get a mixing board that has to be <6' from your computer.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 15, 2010 1:34:14 PM

BowRiver said:
Quote:

Tried that, but Intel apparently doesn't trust the user to set fan speeds manually :) 

Anyway, the CL-P0303's are on order, we'll see if they help cut down the noise. Moral of the story, never get a mixing board that has to be <6' from your computer.

I know this is an old post, but I have the same problem. Can you tell us how the cooler masters performed in terms of noise?
a c 133 à CPUs
January 15, 2010 3:10:26 PM

LOL at resurecting this old post they ar a lil on the loud side used to have one i use a zalman now they are pretty queit and cool great
!