Windows 2000 /ME: dual boot from 2 hard drives ?

Hi, I'm currently running a PC with Win2k on it, but I have a want to run some older DOS compatible programs/games.

So I dug out an older 20GB HD of mine, I wanted to set it up so I could dual boot from 2 separate drives. One for Win2k and one for WinME.

Is this possible? I have no problem reformatting, and I've already done that several times. I also have tried several different methods as well, with no luck.

Could someone please give me a heads up as how to do this if possible, without using a 3rd party boot loader to do it?

I'd really like to set it up so I could keep them both as the "C:" drive while loaded if possible, and I already read enough to know that in order to dual boot 2 HDs, they have to both be primary drives.

I just can't figure out how to do it with Windows 2000/ME... The HDs I'm working with are a 120GB, and a 20GB.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows 2000 dual boot hard drives
  1. Does your BIOS allow you to choose which disk to boot from? That's the easiest way of setting things up without worrying about boot loaders. Be aware that a modern PC may well not run an OS as old as ME. If all else fails, you could always try a virtual machine (VirtualPC or something like that).
Ask a new question

Read More

Dual Boot Hard Drives Windows