MS Encarta 98 Encyclopedia disk

JoeS1

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Hello,
I installed the above disk to see if I would like it . Now trying to uninstall it with no success. Go to add/remove and try all I get is error messages. Put the disk in to see if it shows a way to uninstall it , no . Go to start and find it in programs , no uninstall . Help please !
Joe

JoeS1

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

Hi , thanks for replying .
Ok this disk that I have came with our previous computer ( Gateway ) It does say on the label "for distribution with a new PC only ).
I was going to throw it out but wanted to see if I could use it in our HP Compaq Presario SR 1910 NX . Well after I installed it I can find no way to uninstall it other than to maybe run a system recovery and start over . It does seem like there is some minor gliches in windows since I put this in . Not a big deal though .I still would like to uninstall it before I do a SR .
The labels name is , Microsoft , Encarta 98 Encyclopedia .
My name is Joe and any help would be appreciated .

JoeS1

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

Hi
Joe again .
I forgot to mention my OS is Windows XP Home Edition .
Hope you can help .

JoeS1

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

When I select add/remove, then remove I get a small window ,RUNDLL with a red X under it and the message . An exception occured while trying to run C:\MyDown 1\unenc98.DLL,uninstall C:\MyDown~1\setup\inst.98.log
thats it .

JoeS1

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
I deleted the files that go with that program , about 8 files . The only left in the add/remove screen is the original progran " MS Encarta 98 encyclopedia "
that still will not remove . Get a different message now . Error loading C:MyDownload~1\unen98unenc98.DLL Could not find specified module .

JoeS1

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
I guess the problem may be in the add/remove section of my computer where the MS Encarta Encyclopedia shows up .
I deleted it from the start/programs and it is gone .
I'm just going to try a system recovery after the NewYears.
Joe

JoeS1

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
The only place I have it showing up now is under settings/control panel/add or remove program . Which it cannot be removed from there whatever I have tried.
JoeS1