Solved

MS Encarta 98 Encyclopedia disk

Hello,
I installed the above disk to see if I would like it . Now trying to uninstall it with no success. Go to add/remove and try all I get is error messages. Put the disk in to see if it shows a way to uninstall it , no . Go to start and find it in programs , no uninstall . Help please !
Joe
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about encarta encyclopedia disk
  1. First of all, there is no disk listed above. Give me some more information about this disk and i may be able to help you.
  2. monkeycheeseify said:
    First of all, there is no disk listed above. Give me some more information about this disk and i may be able to help you.

Hi , thanks for replying .
    Ok this disk that I have came with our previous computer ( Gateway ) It does say on the label "for distribution with a new PC only ).
    I was going to throw it out but wanted to see if I could use it in our HP Compaq Presario SR 1910 NX . Well after I installed it I can find no way to uninstall it other than to maybe run a system recovery and start over . It does seem like there is some minor gliches in windows since I put this in . Not a big deal though .I still would like to uninstall it before I do a SR .
    The labels name is , Microsoft , Encarta 98 Encyclopedia .
    My name is Joe and any help would be appreciated .
  3. monkeycheeseify said:
    First of all, there is no disk listed above. Give me some more information about this disk and i may be able to help you.

Hi
    Joe again .
    I forgot to mention my OS is Windows XP Home Edition .
    Hope you can help .
  4. What error messages are you recieveing?
  5. monkeycheeseify said:
    What error messages are you recieveing?

When I select add/remove, then remove I get a small window ,RUNDLL with a red X under it and the message . An exception occured while trying to run C:\MyDown 1\unenc98.DLL,uninstall C:\MyDown~1\setup\inst.98.log
    thats it .
  6. Try going to the actual files and deleteing them manually.
  7. I deleted the files that go with that program , about 8 files . The only left in the add/remove screen is the original progran " MS Encarta 98 encyclopedia "
    that still will not remove . Get a different message now . Error loading C:MyDownload~1\unen98unenc98.DLL Could not find specified module .
  8. Best answer
    Then it seems that either A: the file is deleted and it is a registry error, or B: go to the file link and see if the file is there, if it is then delete it.
  9. I guess the problem may be in the add/remove section of my computer where the MS Encarta Encyclopedia shows up .
    I deleted it from the start/programs and it is gone .
    I'm just going to try a system recovery after the NewYears.
    Joe
  10. Best answer selected by JoeS1.
  11. The only place I have it showing up now is under settings/control panel/add or remove program . Which it cannot be removed from there whatever I have tried.
    JoeS1
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows