mark

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

I just installed Quake 1 and GLQuake on my XP Pro system.
When I run it, I get the Quake console screen (which isn't
accepting keyboard input.) I can hear the gameplay going on,
but I can't get out of th econsole and into the game.

What do I need to get this working?

Thanks

"Mark" <nospam@thanksanyway.org> wrote in message
> I just installed Quake 1 and GLQuake on my XP Pro system.
> When I run it, I get the Quake console screen (which isn't
> accepting keyboard input.) I can hear the gameplay going on,
> but I can't get out of th econsole and into the game.
>
> What do I need to get this working?
>
> Thanks
> -Mark

Hi Mark,
Rename the opengl32.dll file in the quake directory. Ex:
opengl32.dll.orig

G.

"George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Rename the opengl32.dll file in the quake directory. Ex:
> opengl32.dll.orig

I did that first thing after installing GLQuake, so the problem is
elsewhere. Any other ideas what might be causing this?

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:46:47 -0700, "Mark" <nospam@thanksanyway.org> wrote:

>"George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Rename the opengl32.dll file in the quake directory. Ex:
>> opengl32.dll.orig
>
>I did that first thing after installing GLQuake, so the problem is
>elsewhere. Any other ideas what might be causing this?

You could instead try running one of the Quake source ports. Here's some
links to get you started - some point to source ports, while others are
news sites aobut these ports. (Need to add some links though.)

Tenebrae: http://tenebrae.sourceforge.net/
Quake Standards Group: http://www.quakesrc.org/

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

"Mark" <nospam@thanksanyway.org> wrote in message
> I just installed Quake 1 and GLQuake on my XP Pro system.
> When I run it, I get the Quake console screen (which isn't
> accepting keyboard input.) I can hear the gameplay going on,
> but I can't get out of th econsole and into the game.
>
> What do I need to get this working?

Try this:

http://equake.quakeworld.nu/
or
http://www.fuhquake.net/

(I'm having trouble reaching the latter at the moment though.)

Raymond Martineau wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:46:47 -0700, "Mark" <nospam@thanksanyway.org>
> wrote:
>
>> "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Rename the opengl32.dll file in the quake directory. Ex:
>>> opengl32.dll.orig
>>
>> I did that first thing after installing GLQuake, so the problem is
>> elsewhere. Any other ideas what might be causing this?
>>

> You could instead try running one of the Quake source ports. Here's
> some links to get you started - some point to source ports, while
> others are news sites aobut these ports. (Need to add some links
> though.)
>

> Tenebrae: http://tenebrae.sourceforge.net/
> Quake Standards Group: http://www.quakesrc.org/

Thanks to you guys I now have the complete eQuake sets (9 files?) and
just wondering before I start: don't I need to install Quake original
first? Got that in the cd drive now...
--
McGrandpa [AGQx]

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:03:32 GMT, "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com>
wrote:

>Thanks to you guys I now have the complete eQuake sets (9 files?) and
>just wondering before I start: don't I need to install Quake original
>first?

Yes, but make sure you patched the game to at least version 1.06 (if you
shoot the lighting gun underwater and enter a state where you can't
respawn, then you have 1.01. Other symptoms can be found by checking the
1.06 readme or various internet sites.)

Raymond Martineau wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:03:32 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks to you guys I now have the complete eQuake sets (9 files?) and
>> just wondering before I start: don't I need to install Quake
>> original first?
>
> Yes, but make sure you patched the game to at least version 1.06 (if
> you shoot the lighting gun underwater and enter a state where you
> can't respawn, then you have 1.01. Other symptoms can be found by
> checking the
> 1.06 readme or various internet sites.)

I've installed the eQuake final, got it set up, played in one episode a
bit, and find it doesn't save my config settings. Hm. Also, I still
need to patch the iD Quake, got that now :) You were right, you guys!
It's GOOD looking, and I haven't even installed the hiqual texture pack
yet. Will remedy these two shortcomings now :) Hey, wanna play???
--
McGrandpa [AGQx]

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

You might want to try adding -width 1024 -height 768 onto the command line,
or whatever your preference is.

G.

"George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hellmail.com> wrote in message news:<rYSdnRms553hobTcRVn-sw@comcast.com>...
> You might want to try adding -width 1024 -height 768 onto the command line,
> or whatever your preference is.
>
> G.
>
> "Mark" <nospam@thanksanyway.org> wrote in message
> > I just installed Quake 1 and GLQuake on my XP Pro system.
> > When I run it, I get the Quake console screen (which isn't
> > accepting keyboard input.) I can hear the gameplay going on,
> > but I can't get out of th econsole and into the game.
> >
> > What do I need to get this working?
> >
> > Thanks
> > -Mark

Try downloading WInQuake instead of GLQuake. That worked for me, I
have been running Quakeworld and WInQuake all day today, ;-D.

You can get WinQuake from here:
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/80000/86882.shtml, and that should do
it. Extract the .zip file into your QDirectory and run the WinQuake
executable. That also allows you to take full advantage of your
graphics performance. Hah - what irony. .running Quake under
1600x1200.

Jazon D Molt wrote:
> "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hellmail.com> wrote in
> message news:<rYSdnRms553hobTcRVn-sw@comcast.com>...
>> You might want to try adding -width 1024 -height 768 onto the
>> command line, or whatever your preference is.
>>
>> G.
>>
>> "Mark" <nospam@thanksanyway.org> wrote in message
>>> I just installed Quake 1 and GLQuake on my XP Pro system.
>>> When I run it, I get the Quake console screen (which isn't
>>> accepting keyboard input.) I can hear the gameplay going on,
>>> but I can't get out of th econsole and into the game.
>>>
>>> What do I need to get this working?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Mark
>>>

> Try downloading WInQuake instead of GLQuake. That worked for me, I
> have been running Quakeworld and WInQuake all day today, ;-D.
>
> You can get WinQuake from here:
> http://www.fileplanet.com/files/80000/86882.shtml, and that should do
> it. Extract the .zip file into your QDirectory and run the WinQuake
> executable. That also allows you to take full advantage of your
> graphics performance. Hah - what irony. .running Quake under
> 1600x1200.

Or get it here:
http://www.quakeworld.net/main-files.html
and all the other official Quake items.