cannot delete folder from hdd

cripp

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007
I'm trying to delete several folders from my hdd and I get a "the system cannot find the file specified". when clicking on the folder explorer tells me that it's unavailable. how do i delete this? :pt1cable: I have fully defraged the drive
cripp

That message usually means the file or folder has already been marked as deleted... but for some reason is still showing up in Explorer. I take it that refreshing the view or even rebooting didn't help?

cowboytech

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006

Have you tried to delete the files and or folders in safe mode yet?

You could try Purgeie, http://www.purgeie.com/delinv/dldelinv.htm

__CRUZ__

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
Thanks alot i had a folder i could not get rid of at all. I did everything possible regedit scans made a secondary folder to move the file into it then try and delete, much much more than that safe mode deletes, reboots, anything i knew would normally do the trick. In the end after alot of searching google and sites, talk to a pc tech guy, Then I shut myself out of my pc from safe mode errors and blue screen had to make a new boot.ini file to get windows to work man alot of stuff made this hard to solve. I tried several applications and then found this site.
The program pergie found the invisable files inside the trouble folder and showed their names as CAATWB8B``1 etc that is why the specified path could not be found and hence the error therefore the folder wouldn't delete. Pergie worked a treat thank you very much. Mu Problem solved finally and i will keep this programfore sure. Thanx again

Btw I registered to post this thank you now i will check attound the site.