initial install problem XP ACHI/RAID driver

srock

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
New build - Windows XP SP2 -brand new SATA disk - I want to install ACHI/RAID 3rd party drivers - The windows disk boots up and begins to load and asks momentarily to press F6 to install SCSI/RAID driver ( yes I have a floppy and yes it works)- The program waits only a second (even though I press F6) and then moves to Press F2 for ACS and them moves to begin install. I thought it would stop at F6 and ask for the floppy with driver,but doesn't. The keyboard works (USB - used as USB and with PS2 adapter) - Am I missing something? I generally shut down the windows installation shortly after it blows by the F6 F2 prompts ( I am assuming it stops there and asks for the floppy)-Am I wrong and does it ask for the driver floppy later??

Any help appreciated

Steve

RaKr

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2007
I guess you have waited long enough, but this is what I have experienced today:

Even if you have pressed F6 properly, the F2 message appears. Next a lot of 'other' drivers are being loaded and after a while (20 seconds or maybe even more) It will prompt you to put your 'driver' disk in drive A.

I have noticed as well that it will not prompt for it once the floppy is already present in the floppy drive.

Hope this information may help you,

Greetings,

Raymond

Fo0zy

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
I have a somewhat related problem, I am in the process of repairing my Windows install.
I have a working USB External Floppy drive with the RAID 0 drivers I need for my HDD.
The thing is, whenever I press f6 and it loads all the windows drivers, it prompts me to specify the drivers I need, it says please insert disket into Drive A: considering I do not have an internal floppy I assume, it would consider my External as Drive A:. Then I press enter and It doesn't even hit my floppy drive. no lights no sounds from it. now I have tested my floppy on a secondary computer and on the computer I am repairing with Knoppix. it detects it with no problem.

I have been in the BIOS setup and changed some things around to make the FLoppy I have the primary and all, but still nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas?

P.S. My HDD are IDE, just for your info.