Sign in with
Your question

NVIDIA Announces GeForce 7200 GS

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 9, 2007 3:01:52 AM

It's still more than Ati has been doing these last few months! :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
May 9, 2007 3:12:33 AM

Quote:
It's still more than Ati has been doing these last few months! :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

That just makes it funny and sad!
Related resources
May 9, 2007 11:48:48 AM

They are charging $50 for this 7200gs. However, you can get a 7300gs (with twice as many pipelines) for $60 on some websites. Unless Nvidia stops selling the 7300 series, I can't see many people using this card for Vista.
May 9, 2007 12:12:13 PM

I think nVIDIA released this card to have a competitor against the up-coming X2900XT/XTX series graphics cards! :tongue:
May 10, 2007 1:10:08 AM

I think if anything, Ill buy the 7200GS just to wipe my ass with it. Then call new-egg, and tell them that my graphics card came with poop on it. That'll be a interesting telephone call. :tongue:
May 10, 2007 1:45:39 AM

Quote:
I think nVIDIA released this card to have a competitor against the up-coming X2900XT/XTX series graphics cards! :tongue:

ooooh ouch :lol: 
May 10, 2007 9:17:14 AM

Quote:
I think if anything, Ill buy the 7200GS just to wipe my ass with it. Then call new-egg, and tell them that my graphics card came with poop on it. That'll be a interesting telephone call.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
Best reply that i have ever read in years! :trophy:
Oh God, i can't stop laughing... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2007 10:04:11 AM

what about the 7100GS anyone?
May 10, 2007 10:32:30 AM

Quote:
I think if anything, Ill buy the 7200GS just to wipe my ass with it. Then call new-egg, and tell them that my graphics card came with poop on it. That'll be a interesting telephone call. :tongue:
What, are you gonna tell the operator that the card is full of $h!t/a piece of $h!t?
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2007 10:46:42 AM

Looks like I'll be forking out more money to upgrade my x1950 pro again. :roll: :wink:
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2007 10:50:07 AM

Quote:
NVIDIA touts full support for DirectX 9.0, shader model 3.0 and high dynamic-range with the entry-level GeForce 7200 GS.

Sweet oblivion in all its glory!
May 10, 2007 10:52:14 AM

at least you'll get some kind of cash back for your X1950 pro. My useless outdated X1650 pro won't even get half the money for this beast. :p 
May 10, 2007 5:16:52 PM

But Walmart will list it at $199.

Video cards at Brick and Mortar stores seem to be OUTRAGEOUS!
May 10, 2007 5:52:29 PM

Well, at least they will finally stop selling new GeForce MX4000's...I hope :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
May 10, 2007 7:51:35 PM

Quote:

Possibly, but considering this is nV's answer to the Radeon X1050/1550 (more the latter) which came out months ago, that point is moot.
May 10, 2007 10:31:53 PM

Quote:
Actually for under $50 this will be pretty cool. A new card for Wal-Mart to make money off of...

Yep, this card is perfect for Wal-Mart. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried charging $100 for the card, there are plenty of un-informed people in my town that will think this card is really good.
May 11, 2007 3:50:22 AM

Dang, I remember when wal-mart had the voodoo 2 and 3 cards for sale...
May 11, 2007 5:25:04 AM

Let me guess. Some of the stupid people will sell their 6600GT's and 6800's for this card because the number is higher? Just pathetic how they do people in.
May 11, 2007 12:14:37 PM

Thats why capitalism is evil and we should all have state issued gfx cards that we play in exactly 15fps in all games so no one is better then anyone else. :twisted:
Of course or beloved leaders should be able to play in 60+fps!

Seriously, companies aren't good or evil, they just want to make money...
However i think there is some strange people in the marketing dept's in some companies.

Edit:
Ah crap this was more of a reply to what Dade_0182 said, sorry.
May 11, 2007 7:45:55 PM

yes, but many would argue that the pursuit of money rather than the pursuit of customer-pleasedness [/dr. seuss word of the day] IS evil.
May 11, 2007 8:45:38 PM

Quote:
Well, at least they will finally stop selling new GeForce MX4000's...I hope :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Wishful thinking :wink:
May 11, 2007 8:58:46 PM

Quote:
Let me guess. Some of the stupid people will sell their 6600GT's and 6800's for this card because the number is higher? Just pathetic how they do people in.

I actually have a friend who bought a new pc that came with 7300gs last year. When he heard I got a 2 years old 6600gt, he laughed at my face and call my card sucks. I have to explain to him that it is not smart to pay 130$ for 7300gs.
Most people don't understand how these cards works, they thought higher number usually = better product, 7300 > 6600 in this case.

Cpu is not too far off with this idea, more ghz = better.
p4 3.0ghz > a64 2.2ghz, people will immediately think amd sucks for selling 2.2 at the same price.

I really wonder how intel convinces people that c2d are stronger even though they're at much lower ghz, especially after all these years with the ghz wars.
May 11, 2007 9:29:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I really wonder how intel convinces people that c2d are stronger even though they're at much lower ghz, especially after all these years with the ghz wars.

Because Intel's marketing dept. is much better than AMD's.

I'm sorry, Pentium what......?
May 11, 2007 11:00:35 PM

yes, exactly. its much like the upcoming presidential elections here in america, name recognition is everthing. in fact in the elections, a candidate's image is even bigger than the issues, most of the time. 8O

but, anyway, more people know about intel, more "common folk," as in people that don't even know THG exists. marketing, advertising, branding... intel's just got it taken care of better than AMD

which kinda breaks my heart.

and are you sure about that "p4 vs a64" comparison...? *begins research*
May 11, 2007 11:05:09 PM

wow finding a counterexample was a lot easier than i thought. here's an example of where intel's 3 ghz p4 loses to an a64 at 2.2 ghz, as you said.

note: i'm not attacking you or anything, i was just checking to see if what you said was in fact valid. the a64s performed REALLY well in comparison to the p4s. thats "way back when," when amd was on top. AMDs usually did better in games, like the link i gave, but p4s won in other things, like encoding and stuff.

c'mon, AMDwilliam1985, support the company in your name! :lol:  just kidding
May 11, 2007 11:51:43 PM

Quote:
I think if anything, Ill buy the 7200GS just to wipe my ass with it. Then call new-egg, and tell them that my graphics card came with poop on it. That'll be a interesting telephone call.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
Best reply that i have ever read in years! :trophy:
Oh God, i can't stop laughing... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Lol, Wow, so many people thought it was funny, I'm thrilled to make some comedy here on the forumz! :D 

*Hello?* *Hi, yes I ordered one of your new 7200GS's, and I open the box to find a nice big piece of poop right smack on the heatsink.* Newegg Customer Service client goes: O RLY?!*

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
May 11, 2007 11:54:52 PM

Quote:

:(  I'm afraid there are plenty of people who would do just that. Those who are un-informed don't think about the specs of a graphics card. All you need is a higher number and really good marketing to get people to jump at new products.
May 12, 2007 5:33:39 AM

Quote:
*Hello?* *Hi, yes I ordered one of your new 7200GS's, and I open the box to find a nice big piece of poop right smack on the heatsink.* Newegg Customer Service client goes: O RLY?!*

Hahahahahahahahahaha... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ...stop it man!...Ah my jaw...oh God... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ...
:trophy:
May 12, 2007 7:04:43 AM

Without THGs charts I would be lost guessing the Value of one graphic card over the other. I listened to dudes behind the counter before and ended up with the short end of the stick (fx5200 anyone?). No more, I tell you! It feels pretty good to call one of those sales guys on BS when they are spewing it.

On the topic of Big Box stores selling 3 year old graphic cards at their introductory price or higher, I find fry's to be the only exception. Fry's has the only variety of cards in the Portland, OR area as well. I'm guessing for most people online is really the only shop for components. I guess a guy would be SOL without a visa\mc card.
May 12, 2007 8:47:08 AM

Why didnt nvidia release an 8200? Isnt the 7200 a step back?
!