Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Data Recovery Software

Last response: in Applications
July 17, 2007 5:18:59 PM

Good-day; I am looking for a GOOD data recovery program. I have purchased both "File Recover" and "Search and Recover 3," both of which were not very good. I deleted my HD in order to do a clean XP install and backed up my data using Roxio's Span Disk. Thinking all was ok, I went ahead with the format - reinstall, only to find the backed up data will not work. Seems Span Disk didn't work and I am unable to retrieve my data. No reply from Roxio either on the prob.
As such I think a data recovery program is my best bet. I would rather not send out my HD as I use my computer daily, (which is another reason I would like to recover my data before it is overwritten too much).
Anyone know of a powerful data recovery program I could purchase?

More about : data recovery software

August 29, 2007 5:23:10 AM

First of all stop using your hard drive as it is going to overwrite your data. You can try Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software. It is a good software and it has helped me in past recovering my data. It helps in recovering the data from formatted hard drive or data lost occur due to software malfunction, viruses, or even sabotage.
First you should download the demo version of the software from: http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm
Scan your hard drive, if the demo shows you the preview of your lost data then you can get the full version to save it.
Hope it does help you in getting back your data.
September 15, 2007 6:40:21 PM

Thanks Guilbert; I followed your advice and am pleased with Stellar's recovery software. Bit expensive but does the job.
Thanks again!
!